Dr. John Heinrich MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Dallas, TX

3.8

October 20th, 2016
Heinrich will waste your time and not fix your problem
I saw dr Heinrich for a fluid build up in my left knee. The pain was so severe I chose the first orthopaedic dr who was available. Instead of just draining the fluid, or at least attempting to drain it, he said I needed a MRI. I had to pay out of pocket deductible for the MRI, and what do you know the MRI results showed only fluid build up. He drained the fluid and gave me a steroid shot. 2 weeks later and it is still not completely healed and I still have pain, so I went back for a follow up. My appt was at 2 and he didn't see me until almost 3! He then told me he was confused and didn't know why it wouldn't heal and referred me to a rheumatologist?? He also would not give me any medication for the continuing pain. Finding a new ortho dr, done with this guy and his lack of caring.

February 8th, 2016
He does not spend time explaining everything that is wrong nor does get all available images prior to making a diagnosis.

July 28th, 2015
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Heinrich saw me for two things, both football injuries. One was a torn MPFL, the other was shoulder instability. Throughout the whole ordeal of surgery recovery and all he was always checking on how my knee and shoulder was. Would highly recommend this doctor! He fixed my problems and now I am living my daily life pain free!

May 28th, 2015
I was seeing a another physician in dr. H office... he referred me as I was not responding well to conservative approach. Dr. H took one second to see that my knee had to be fixed. My recovery has been a bit of a challenge due previous docs conservative efforts (no PT) but nothing to do with Dr.H. work. I'm not sure about anita, she's feels very "text book" rather than talking to me as a individual. She didn't bother to read PT assessment because "it's not filed yet". As if she is not able to look and file the report... My thought was "let me go get it for you!" Anyway... I'm going to give myself a couple more weeks of therapy if not doing as PT thinks I should then I will ask to see dr. H.

February 19th, 2015
Too opinionated to work well with patients, poor bedside manner.

January 14th, 2015
Helped Suppress Years of Pain
I tore my meniscus years ago and have been dealing with pain for far too long. I recently had my surgery and am recovering better than I could ever imagine in a straightforward manner. Dr. Heinrich is intelligent and kind, explaining everything along the way. His staff and PA are also great. His referrals for PT have really made a difference in my recovery as well. For such a large practice, it's nice to see how efficiently they run. Highly recommend this office and Dr. Heinrich.

May 3rd, 2013
March 2013
My daughter had a volleyball injury a year ago. She saw Dr. Heinrich & ordered MRI of her knee, it was inconclusive since she was 13 & still growing. Dr. Heinrich ordered PT, we did 8 weeks & she was much better. Her knee started hurting again in Nov. 13, went back to him & he wanted to try therapy one more time. This time it didn't help, so we went in for surgery. Dr. Heinrich did not want to do surgery initially on such a young child, he's very conservative, and definitely cares about his patients. He's wonderful & wouldn't go anywhere else! She's doing great

October 22nd, 2012
I tore my ACL this summer and found Dr. Heinrich online through my insurance carrier. He did a great job treating me as a person and my injury. He was very informative, along with his PA, Kelly, explaining along the way exactly what would take place in my procedure. He was honest and straightforward in his diagnosis and I had nothing but confidence that he would do whatever it took to get me back on my feet.If I have future issues with my knee (or any other orthopedic issue) I will be returning to Dr. Heinrich.