A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Kevin Behrns:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Kevin Behrns, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Morbid Obesity
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Behrns graduated from Mayo Medical School, Rochester. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Behrns has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Shands at AGH
- Shands at Starke
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Behrns accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 7 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Kevin Behrns practice?
Dr. Kevin Behrns practices Surgery near Gainesville, FL.
See Gainesville Surgeons.