Dr. Kim Maale MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Plano, TX

no change

April 27th, 2017
Excellent doctor and staff!
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Maale and her staff! The experience was great from the initial visit to the two week post-surgical follow-up! In two weeks, the difference in my eyes is incredible (I had lower and upper done). And I was told that they will continue to improve over the next six months. If you're hesitant about having this done or uncertain who to choose, I can say, go for it and wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Maale!

September 5th, 2016
Best eyelid surgeon in DFW
Went for my evaluation and was explained everything in detail. I decided to get my upper and lower eyelids done. I went back for a pre operative exam two weeks prior to my surgery. All of my questions were addressed. Day of surgery went smoothly. Dr. Maale did a superb job. It was suggested that I use a special cream prior to help with briising and I healed beautifully. I am now able to show off my beautiful eyes that have been hiding under all that extra skin. Thank you Dr. Maale for making me feel beautiful.

August 11th, 2016
Great doctor with gifted hands and sweet spirit. A great staff too. The best decision I've made in some time.

July 8th, 2016
Detail oriented Doctor. Beautilful results.

July 5th, 2016
DR Kim Maale - I had a bad situation which had existed for many years and she did a terrific job, my vision is vastly better and it looks quite good. Thanks DR M.

May 23rd, 2016
Meh. Lots of sales pitch for expensive upgrades. Not a lot of time with the actual Doctor. My follow up appointment after my procedure consisted of her breezing in, saying "ok", and breezing out of the room. No asking if I had questions, follow up information on next steps during recovery, nothing. Wish I would have shopped around.

April 21st, 2016
Do not pay until they bring you out of surgery!!!
Dr. Maale told me she could do my upper & lower lids. The uppers have cyst on them & need to be removed ASAP. The problem started with the EKG. It was abnormal so I had to have another which Dr. Maale's office never called to tell me the results. I had to call several times & was finally told the EKG was fine & we scheduled a date for the surgery. I registered with the hospital & they took me back to re-op. I got undressed & the nurse placed the compression stockings on me. The the anesthesiologist came in & didn't like my breathing. Then Dr. Maale came in & agreed with him. I was told that I needed to loose weight before they could do the surgery. And I had prepaid approx. 7K at that time. What I don't understand is why they told me this on the day of the surgery? So I was so irritated I got dressed & left the hospital. Why wasn't I told I had to loose weight before hand? Period! They had no problem taking my money beforehand! Then I went into the hospital portal to see my medical records & there was nothing there about the lower eyelids! The hospital told me that all that info is from the doctor. The doctors office said it was a hospital error. Back & forth, back & forth until I told them to stop trying to explain their error to me & I wanted my money back ASAP! It still has not hit my card & this is the 4th day since the original surgery was to be done. I'm just saying...be very careful before you give these doctors any money whatsoever!! They can be paid after you come out of surgery! I have friends whom I've accompied to Costa Rica & they're surgery results have been awesome. I used to be so against Costa Rica but from what I've seen & heard, I'm all for it now. I'm going down to have the apron removed that has formed under my stomach, after I lost weight, removed & having a weight loss procedure done also. When I loose another 30lbs they will do the north to south procedure on my stomach. They had the class to be honest with me regarding my weight. I have back problems & a few months ago the pain was so bad I had to do 3 months of steroids & they really make you pack on the pounds! Dr. Maale is a nice lady but I personally could never trust her again.

September 15th, 2015
Dr. Maale is very personable, professional and caring. I had my upper lids and my bags removed and she did a wonderful job. I highly recommend her. Who better to work on your eyes than someone who just does eyes?! All that practice suits me just fine...she's got it down! She took good care of me and the whole experience was a positive one.

June 29th, 2015
Bright, compassionate, proficient physcian
Several well-respected physicians in DFW, including my husband, referred me to Dr Kim Maale for corrective surgery on ptosis of my left eye. Throughout my treatment (pre-op and post-op) Dr Kim Maale demonstrated a superior commitment to me as a patient. Outstanding characteristics are her extensive medical knowledge, technical proficiency, interpersonal skills and integrity. She is bright, dedicated, conscientious and compassionate. Her exceptional skills translate to her courteous and knowledgeable staff. I am now 3 threes post-op, with excellent results. I am fair skinned and bruise easily. Dr. Maale’s staff provided me with comprehensive and thorough instructions and called to follow up on me regularly. I had very minimal bruising after my procedure and no discomfort. I can see why her colleagues so notably respect Dr Kim Maale.

June 15th, 2015
Outstanding Care!
From my first appointment, through the post-op office visit, I received excellent care from Dr. Maale and her staff. They are competent and caring and I felt that I could totally trust my care to Dr. Maale. I would highly recommend her to others.

February 10th, 2015
Delighted with my results!
I remain delighted with the results of my upper and lower eyelid surgery performed by Dr Maale. I look wonderful, and amazingly rested and even younger, I have eyelids for the first time in my life! Dr Maale does amazing work, I would describe her as the best choice I could have possibly made. And I would recommend her without hesitation. The down time is minimal and must be considered as an investment in you! Dr. Maale has an office staff that are all of the following: compassionate, kind, patient, understanding, accommodating, courteous, friendly and interested in your concerns. I am amazed with my new eyes!

January 25th, 2015
I am glad I went to see Dr. Maale
I have had ptosis for quite few years and I am so glad that Lone Star Vision recommended Dr. Maale to me. Her office staffs are very efficient and courteous and Dr. Maale took her time in explaining all the aspects of the blepharoplasty procedures and effects. My surgery went very well, far better than I had expected. The eyes stayed dry and itchy for the next couple of weeks but it was nothing I have not been told. After three weeks, I feel great and I am very glad that I had it done. Dr. Maale is an exceptional and skillful surgeon and she has my gratitude and my highest recommendation.