Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Horrible!  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2013

I worked for this Dr. She made me feel like she was way better than me. She is all about the money. Her patients were always put on the back burner. I quit working for her and it was the best thing I ever did!!!! I would call her for patients that had concerns and she would get mad that I called her....I called her about a patient that was in chronic pain and she got mad and told me to pack up my stuff and get out of her office..so I did and again it was the best move I've ever made!

|  cancer was bad but going to pummel is worse!!!!!!  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

I was diagnosed with dcis breast cancer 3 years ago. I was told by my cancer doctor who was new to go to her i(I believe now after so many complaints my cancer doctor no longer refers her to anyone. Please people do your research my one breast that was taken off was reconstructed by pummil it looks like a Frankinstien experiment she tried to build a nipple and it sunk in. Now I have no nipple and never will because of the method she used. I had to go to another specialist at UM and he fixed her mess ups thank god. I still have terrible scaring and chronic back pain since surgery. When you are diagnoised with cancer you do not have the mind frame to do research, you just want to live. I think Dr. Pummel feels she is doing you an honor to help, but she has to realize we are womem and want to still look like a woman after a masectomy. I finaly had a doctor to validate me and let me know I was botched up. I already knew it but it was nice to hear. I just went through the whole process again and this new doctor is fantastic and a perfectionist. There is still hope. Also Dr Pummel is extreamly defensive you will see all her best work in her photo albulms but you will not see all the botch jobs she has done in her past. Please beware and listen to these comments and save yourself a lot of emotional pain I will be shocked if she is still able to practice much longer. Cancer was tough but this experience was a nightmare.

|  botched breast reduction  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2012

I had a breast reduction in 2009. i am not happy with it at all. she was very unprofessional and rude. and just didnt care about me. i have horrible scarring. my nipples are too high and stick out the top of my bra. and my breasts arent even the same size. they look horrible. like she didnt care about her job at all.i would not recommend anyone to go to her. please avoid her at all costs. i have to have another surgery to fix her mistakes.

|  Good Experience  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2010

I had a breast reduction and found her to be very professional, friendly and competent. She was always smiling and cheerful. I think that she down played the pain and healing time and could have given me a more realistic idea of what to expect, but overall my experience was pleasant. I felt that her assistants were too young and seem to have difficulty in putting patients at ease in the examination rooms, but her receptionists were competent and courteous.

|  Nasty, nasty attitude!  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2010

This Dr. is very unprofessiona. I would never recommend anyone to her!

|  YUCK!  |  show details
by Madison and Karen Sherman on Mar 2nd, 2010

Dr. Pummill is VERY unperfesional. My mother went in to have reconstructive surgery done after she had breast cancer and she did a botch job on her. She was very rude to my mother when she went in for her check after the surgery. My mom was not satisfied. I was with my mom through all the appointments and what my mom has now is nothing like what we were showed. My moms breast now look like flat square pancakes! Please do your research before you pick your doctors. AND PLEASE DO NOT GO TO HER!!!!

|  show details
Jul 15th, 2009

I had a breast reduction last year and my scars turned out perfect! Dr. Pummil was wonderful to me and was always available if I had questions. I have referred several friends to her who are also very happy with there surgery.

|  show details
Apr 30th, 2009

I've been left with a terrible scar. Had I know the kind of work she did, I never would have gone through with my procedure. My dermatologist referred me, but I will be letting her know and see what she did to me and should NEVER refer people to Dr. Pummill.

|  breast reduction gone bad reduction  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2009

breast reduction un evevn,one quarter of breast missing, contacted MRSA still have pain in left breast, scars are unreal

|  DO NOT get breast implants with her!  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2008

She's horrible! Her professionalism in this field is atrocious!