A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Laura Mechanic:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Laura Mechanic is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Laura Mechanic, MD is board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Mechanic graduated from New York University. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Mechanic has 6 hospital affiliations:
- NYU Hospitals Center
- White Plains Hospital Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mechanic accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 28 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Hudson Health Plan - 3 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Anthem - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Laura J. Mechanic practice?
Dr. Laura Mechanic practices Allergy & Immunology, Allergy, Internal Medicine, and Allergy & Immunology near Scarsdale, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY and West Harrison, NY.
See Scarsdale Allergists and Scarsdale Internists.