A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lewis Kaplan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lewis Kaplan, MD, FACS is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Compartment Syndromes
- Eye Diseases
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Multiple Trauma
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Kaplan graduated from UMDNJ, Newark. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Kaplan has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kaplan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Anthem - 18 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Americhoice - 3 plans
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 1 plan
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Lewis J. Kaplan practice?
Dr. Lewis Kaplan practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, Trauma Surgery, and Critical Care Medicine near New Haven, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA.
See New Haven Surgeons and New Haven Critical Care Practitioners.