Lisa E Hayes MD, MD

Video profile
375 MT Pleasant Ave
Suite 202
West Orange, NJ 07052
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Not recommended  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2013

Dr Hayes diagnosed me with a bicornuate uterus during my first trimester. I was also advised (when I was twelve weeks pregnant) that I am a carrier of thalassemia, a genetic disorder. I started bleeding the day after I found out the news, and miscarried within the week. Shortly after, both a saline sonogram and an HSG (both performed by their office) found that I did NOT have a bicornuate uterus. All that stress and heartache about the possible side effects on the baby were for nothing. When I became pregnant again a couple of years later, my new doctors ran the usual blood work and found that I am NOT a carrier of thalassemia after all. That was just more unnecessary stress that I had to endure during my first pregnancy due to another mistake they made. Dr. Crane, another doctor of the practice, handled my trip to the ER/miscarriage. I felt he was a much better doctor, but by then, it was too late. I wish I had seen a him or a different doctor during my first pregnancy. Maybe it would have turned out differently.

Jul 9th, 2013

I have been with the OB group from Livingston for over 10 yrs when they were actually really nice,on time phone calls, didnt wait forever in the exam room. NOW they merged with a bigger group . I gave them a chance for at least 6 months for things to settle in and for them to get organized and they are not. Its horrible. The staff dont know what they are doing, keep using the same excuse short staff, new data bases blah blah THAT has nothing to do with regular good old patient care. If someone has a question or needs tx instructions after labs you just pick up the phone and call. It took 2 WEEKS for them to call me with my CBC results (which is a easy fast test you get back in 2 days). I called them 4 times during those 2 weeks to find out my results and nothing. I also waited 3 days before i got a nurse to call me back when i was pregnant and hurt my back. I waited in exam room to see doc for 1 HOUR! with no acknowledgment that maybe that was a little excessive! THEY ARE A BIG FACTORY THAT DON"T CARE ABOUT THEIR PATIENTS. SO SUFFICE TO SAY I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER OB THAT IS AWESOME!

Jun 28th, 2013

They recently merged. Trust me I do not write reviews on docs usually but people need to be aware if you are picking a new OB GYN of the issues in this office. Go somewhere else. The office is disorganized, rude, it takes forever to get a phone call back for your labs, or questions. You wait 45 minutes in the examination room before you see your doctor and they dont even acknowledge that theirs a problem. They have the wrong information on you. Horrible I will be changing OB GYN ASAP!

May 17th, 2013

worst experience ever!!!

|  The worst drs office I've ver been to...  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2013

Disorganized mess of an office from the receptionist to the office manager. Rude staff and you can forget about getting through to the office for lab results, etc. They send you directky to voicemail. My experience was terrible. I won't be returning.

|  Terrible.....  |  show details
by Shoegirl on Apr 23rd, 2013

The office staff is the ABSOLUTE WORST. I have never seen anything like it in my life. It literally takes 20 minutes for them just to answer the phone. They are disorganized, unprofessional, and quite difficult to deal with. No one ever has any answers and all they keep saying is that they are "short staffed". It's so frustrating to call there for appointments and especially for lab results! While I was sitting in the office a woman came in yelling at the front desk that she had been waiting for someone to call her back for FOUR DAYS and she had no choice but to drive there and come in face to face for answers. I'm having the same experience. It's not an office i would recommend at all.

|  Dr. Hayes is an OUTSTANDING Doctor.  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2012

Everytime I have an appt, I request Dr. Hayes. She helped Deliver my 2 daughters and has provided excellent care for all of my needs. She is attentive and caring. She closely followed my pregnancies and gave me piece of mind that everything was going well. She is very honest and up front about your health and if any issues are present or you may be at risk for. I cannot say enough about what an excellent doctor she is. I highly recommend her to friends, family and co-workers.

|  I LOVE HER  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

She is a fabulous, caring, wonderful person that takes GENUINE interest in your care. She spends time needed, never makes you feel rushed and is down to earth and a really nice person. She will instantly put you to ease.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

I love her ... I am a hypo and she always makes me feel better

|  long wait, little time spent with doctor, horrible staff  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

The staff at this office is so incredibly disorganized, they can never seem to find my records or answer my calls. They don't respond to messages, I have to call 10x to actually get a person on the line that will help me, they transfer me from assistant to assistant, dept to dept, and OVER CHARGE me constantly, having me fight with billing and insurance. I am switching doctors and will never come to this godforsaken practice again

|  Dr. Hayes is wonderful!  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

She is a fun and very down to earth OB. While she looks really young, I can assure you she has plenty of experience. She always told me everything the way I needed to hear it (if I was freaking out, calmly. If I was worrying over nothing, straight and to the point) she even got me riled up when was necessary! She is wonderful! I can't recommend her enough.

|  Amazing  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

Dr. Hayes is amazing. She's funny, smart, and caring. She remembers your from visit to visit, follows up with as needed, and definately is a great cheerleader during pregnancy. Overall, I was lucky to find such a great practice of doctors!!!

|  Awesome  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2011

Dr. Hayes makes you feel comfortable at once. She genuinely cares about her patients- you can tell that you're not just another chart but she remembers you. She once called me on my cell phone to discuss some questions I had. Most doctors won't do this, and will relay the message via a nurse or admin staff. Dr. Hayes is the type to want to speak with you personally and make sure you understand everything.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

I love doctor hayes,she is the best

|  Very energetic and great bedside manner  |  show details
by KF on Mar 10th, 2011

Dr. Hayes is a young and dynamic physician with a wonderful bedside manner. She has a good sense of humor, is very knowledgeable, and is always open to answering all my questions. I will definitely be staying with Dr. Hayes as my ob/gyn for years to come.

|  Great experience  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2011

It was my pleasure to see Dr. Hayes today. I did not feel rushed at all and she was very good with patient's education which is what I am looking for in a doctor. She was very gentle with her procedure despite the biopsy I had to go through. I have been to many Ob/Gyns but she's the best by far. I will recommend her in a heartbeat. The wait was worth it!

Nov 18th, 2010

doctor hayes is very caring and very personable. she tries and makes you feel comfortable. she is a wonderful doctor..

|  best in a tough situation  |  show details
by Patti Hill on Jun 24th, 2010

Just turning 41 - there are so many risks presented during pregnancy and delivery. I needed to be induced and there were complications.I was panicking. Dr Hayes was very supportive, compassionate and understanding. She stayed with me until my daughter was born. She helped me through it - I don't know what I would have done without her.