Dr. Lon Madsen DO Patient Reviews

February 8th, 2017
Excellent Doc!

December 30th, 2015
He saved my life.
Dr. Madsen saved my life. He caught the issue when 2 other doctors and 4 appointments missed diagnosed the issue. Thank you, Dr. Madsen. 20 years in remission.

July 14th, 2015
He and the whole staff are to awesome. Makes you feel at ease and listens to your every word! The best!

June 9th, 2015
AMSOIL JOBBER
Best of the Best - He really cares about his patients.

March 23rd, 2015
Dr. Madsen is a excellent physician. He has always done what I have asked of him the first time and is very easy to talk to.

December 15th, 2014
Doctor Madsen is awesome, he has been my parents doctor, my doctor, and my daughters doctor for years. Whenever there is any kind of medical emergency or illness, we are usually seen the same day. he is always very good with my daughter and she is always excited to see him

January 3rd, 2014
Can't help but love the man. He is great with kids, very caring, he listens to his patients, and is very good looking.

October 10th, 2013
Not bad, if you're relatively healthy...
In my experience, if you are going for the yearly checkups etc. you probably won't have any issues. He is very charming, very funny. I just need a Dr. whose answer to problems isn't just meds. Also, he does not take kindly to second opinions! My friend and her hubby who have been patients for years also, had a very odd experience there recently too. So there are plenty of other choices :)

September 12th, 2012
My Step Mother Died
After seeing Dr. Madsen several times and still in continued and excruciating pain, I went with my step mom to help convince and explain to him what I knew she had to be feeling which was not normal pain. She did not feel or believe that Dr. Madsen believed her. Dr. Madsen insisted that she had arthritis in her shoulder and that was what was causing the pain she was having. I asked him with intense and deliberate purpose indicating our concern with the arthritis diagnosis the following question: Would the Xray definitely show cancer, and he said it would. He said, as if he was insulted, that he could not and would not recommend other more expensive tests if he did not believe the situation/condition warranted it. He recommended physical therapy which caused her even more horrible pain. I recommended that she call and ask Dr. Madsen for muscle relaxer meds. He prescribed muscle relaxers for her. He did have her on pain medication tablets for almost two weeks. Finally due to her continuing excruciating and exhausting pain, her son had her admitted to Deaconess Hospital one night asking if they could help her. Her son refused a call to Dr. Madsen's office and told the hospital staff that Dr. Madsen would not do anything to help her. The hospital did CT scans and had other doctors in control or her situation and found several masses, one mass in her shoulder area. They immediately sedated her to do a biopsy. She would never regain consciousness, lived four more days and then died. It was cancer. She suffered horrifically and all I can remember is trying to convince and assure Dr. Madsen that she was serious about the pain she was in. You decide.

July 10th, 2012
Hypochondriacs Read On
To those of you who seem to think diagnosing a problem on humans is easy, give this some thought. Unlike a automobile engine, it isn't possible to look inside for the problems, and then reassemble it. Even the clues patients give doctors only barely help determine the real problem. Educated guessing is still just a guess. Hypo's look in medical journals and say " I Have That " to just about whatever they're reading. I have seen many doc's thru the years for injuries and health issues and I say Dr. Madsen is without a doubt a fantastic doctor giving quality care to the aforementioned whiners living in their negative world. With many many satisfied patients it shouldn't surprise anyone that the whiners have their posts of negativity on here.

January 31st, 2011
AVOID THIS DOCTOR LIKE THE PLAGUE!
Let's start with the good: I didn't die. Beyond that, I have had nothing but negative experiences with Dr. Madsen and, specifically, his office staff. They NEVER return calls, they have NEVER called in our prescriptions in a timely or accurate manner, and they are rude and defensive when asked about these discrepancies. I have seen Twila and Carolyn browbeat a patient who (after waiting over an hour for his appointment) was $5 short on his $25 copay and they wouldn't accept his American Express card. (They were going to cancel his appointment since he didn't have the full amount!!!) When my daughter was in their office, sick with the stomach flu, they told her the bathroom was "for employees only" and told us to use the bathroom by the elevators. At one point, I had called and left over 6 messages so one of my prescriptions they forgot to call in could finally be filled. My pharmacist faxed prescription requests to them every day for 2 weeks. Even so, they never called back, responded, or filled the prescription. I finally made an appointment, saw them in person, and when I asked Carolyn about it, she got very defensive and insisted that it was all the fault of my insurance. It wasn't. I even tried to talk to Dr. Madsen about it, but he is clearly at the mercy of his nurse on these issues. He mumbled something about preauthorizations. I called to double check with my insurance company and they verified that the medication was NOT a preauth prescription and that they'd never had a scrip request or denied anything on our account. Not to mention the fact that the pharmacy NEVER got even got the prescription! Dr. Madsen seemed okay (though certainly not the brightest or the best), but his office staff is SO unprofessional and rude that I will NEVER go back. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this doctor and his staff.

December 21st, 2010
Not impressed
Twila can be a bit of a bully. Dr. Madsen needs to spend more time with his patients educating them and showing them he is there for what they are paying him for: to listen, educate and assist with the health of his patients.