Urologist
Herbert Irving Pavilion
161 Fort Washington Ave
Washington Heights, New York, NY 10032
212-305-0114
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  excellent dr, long wait!  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2012

I believe his expertise is in getting rid of stones, which in my experience he did very well. Although it's true he doesn't spend long with each patient he took the time to explain the options and made recommendations but gave me the final choice. He's courteous and inspires confidence in his knowledge & expertise. Yes it's also true that I usually wait hours for him, but I would prefer to wait a long time for someone who does a good job. He didn't call me in for nothing like some doctors, his 2 assistants Nicole & Melissa are very helpful, and the reason patients have to wait so long is probably 1) he gets called to emergencies at the hospital and 2) because he's broad-minded enough to take many different insurances!

|  I went from Tulsa to NYC for this Doctor! Ii  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

Dr Mantu Gupta is an awesome dr! I have had several kidney stone proceedures and traveled from Oklahoma to NYC just for him! So who cares how long the wait is in the office... and its kidney stones... they usually do develop more. What I know is my doctor did a procedure to remove a kidney stone through a tube in my back... it took 3 times in the hospital and 2 months in bed... Dr Gupta did the same procedure 2 years later and I was out of the hospital the next day! I was devastated when I found he no longer carried my insurance...

|  Exceptional, caring physician  |  show details
May 28th, 2011

Overall experience was fantastic. I had been so many other urologists, many considered experts in kidney stones, who could not resolve my kidney stone situation. Dr. Gupta was able to diagnose my problem and fix it when every one else failed. If you have a kidney stone, do not go to any one else!

|  WONDERFUL & CARING  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2011

This doctor has helped my wife so very much after being hacked up on the Jersey Shore for many, many years.You will absolutely find NO better than this guy. He is by far the BEST!! A LIFETIME of problems, blotched surgeries & hospitalizations and now she has bee stone free & hospital free for almos 2 years. God Blee Mantu Gupta!!

|  Wouldn't go back if you paid me  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2011

A lot of other patients seem to have had similar problems to me. I had to wait in the office for an obscene amount of time to finally see him. Someone else wrote that he was consulting on another patient who needed emergency surgery. This is COLUMBIA, not Brookdale, so they have MANY urologists. And he is an adult urologist, not pediatric urologist. Maybe I could look past this, but after consulting many other urologists on my health issue Dr. Gupta's techniques seemed either out of date or just plain wrong. It seems that he has gotten so confident in his ways, that he doesn't realize every persons situation is different. From what I've heard Columbia Urology is going down the tubes (mind the pun). Go to New York Presbyterian/Cornell.

|  Gread endoscop surgeon  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2011

Dr. Gupta is very much in demand. Sometimes he is called in on an emergency basis during office hours and this results in long waits or rescheduling of an appointment. The one time I had to wait two hours it was because he was called in to consult on a infant's surgery that was going bad for some other doctor. I think it is really selfish of some people to believe that saving a life is less important that how much time they have to wait in an office.

|  Great Surgeon... Terrible Doctor  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2010

I had a upj obstruction, lots of stones, and Dr. Gupta successfully got it out, then he prescribed a low oxalate diet, which if you dont know says dont eat anything healthy like salad, fruits, veggies, whole wheat bread. So i said well my problem is gone for the most part well see how it goes. A few years later, and im urinating blood, for 8 hours, I called 4 times, from 7 am on, and did NOT receive a phone call until 5 PM! I want to let you know i DID NOT expect a call from him but definitely his staff. Unfortunately that is too much to ask. I wouldn't recommend unless you ALREADY know the problem and it has NO CHANCE of recurring after surgery or procedure.

|  Great!  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2010

Excellent physician and surgeon. I would reccomend him without hesitation. 4 stars all the way!

|  ABSOLUTELY THE BEST  |  show details
by Carol Hartsgrove on Sep 21st, 2009

Doctor Gupta is a kind, caring, young doctor. He takes his time and he is abosuletly wonderful at diagnosing. He knows all the new technology and is the best at all these new procedures. I can guarantee you, that if you give him a try, you will be so very thankful for his services. He is very comfortable and easy to talk to. He can handle the most complex problems such as myself. I travel from the Jersey Shore to NY to see Doctor Gupta, he is worth every minute of ride. Thank you Doctor Gupta for everything you have done for me.