A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Matt Kirkland:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Matt Kirkland is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kirkland
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kirkland Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Matt Kirkland, FACS, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 54 areas:
- Abdominal Cramps
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Diseases
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Crohn's Disease
- Esophageal Achalasia
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Kirkland graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Kirkland has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Matt L Kirkland FACS and MD is a male Surgeon, has 29 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Matt L. Kirkland practice?
- Dr. Matt Kirkland has 3 office locations.
Dr. Matt Kirkland practices Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.