Dr. J Berbos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 12th, 2015
The staff is unresponsive and rude. I am considering not returning because of the lack of professionalism of his staff.

November 16th, 2013
A Compassionate Professional
I was referred to Dr. Nickolas Berbos years ago by my husband who has been seeing him since 1986 when he was seen by Dr Berbos Sr. True, in the past one would wait long hours, but it is not entirely Berbos' doing. He DID share the office with 2 other eye doctors and that can cause bottle-neck delays of all sorts. But, yay, the 1 hour waits are no longer. I was seen within 30 minutes of my recent scheduled appointment and the staff is professional and top notch. Equipment is clean and up-to-date. The waiting room is always immaculate and is comfy and pleasant to look at as well. Dr. Berbos has delightful bedside manners and is old school in that, he talks straight talk and is never condescending. Dr. J. Nickolas Berbos has a love for medicine, is an artist at his craft and does practice the Hippocratic oath. A rare find these days.

February 26th, 2013
Eye Examine
I had an eye examine by his assistant about 2 months ago and never heard anything about the results. My insurance company was promptly billed $400 for the tests. I called about the results and still have not received anything. Granted this review is for the doctor and I never saw him, (unclear as to why I did not see him) but his staff is an extension of his professionalism.

September 27th, 2012
He's the best.
He's the best eye doc I've ever been to. My mom was legally blind and I had cataracts. They're gone now and I have my new "bionics eye's" thanks to Dr. Verbose. BUT BE PREPARED to wait, they way overbook. Get an early afternoon appointment as he does surgery in the morning.

August 20th, 2012
Expect to wait
You wait first in the outer waiting room for about 30 minutes then you wait in a second set of seats outside his office. Plan to wait. If you don't you will be lucky.

July 22nd, 2012
Dr. Berbos made me feel at ease
Saw Doctor Berbos over the weekend because he was the doctor on call. Had to go to ER first and what a mess that was Dr. Berbos was so amazing knowledgeable he made me feel so comfortable and my eyes felt so much better after a few minutes, he put the right drops in that did the trick.....he obvisouly knows what he's doing. Amen!

June 24th, 2012
Worth the Wait
I really had a great experiences! I had to wait for 30 mins until Dr. Berbos saw me. But when he saw me he spent a lot of time looking at my eyes and asking questions. I would recommend Dr.Berbos to anyone! He is really great!

April 27th, 2012
An awful exoerience

April 4th, 2012
Great Doctor - Wait time too long
Great Doctor, knows his stuff; however if you have a job, make appointments late in day because I have spent 3 hours in his office if appt is in am, because Dr can be doing rounds somewhere else is not even there at your appointment time.

March 14th, 2012
Excellent Bedside Manner!
I have been going to Dr. Berbos for many, many years now. Although there is long wait to see him, I wouldn't go to any other eye doctor. He is the most caring doctor in Fullerton, and is definitely worth the wait!

February 12th, 2012
Best eye doctor in town!
My mother had to see an eye doctor on a weekend due to an emergency. We were put in contact with Dr. Berbos. The amount of time and care Dr. Berbos took with my mother was amazing. We left his office with the confidence that we received the best care possible. I will be seeing this doctor in the future for myself as well as my mother.

May 19th, 2010
Not Worth the Wait
I had an appointment and arrived ten minutes early. I waiting an extra hour and 15 minutes before my name was called. Once they called me, they took me to another area where I waited 20 more minutes before being called into the exam room. I waited another 20 minutes in the exam room before the Dr. arrived. He spent 6 minutes with me total. Nice guy but not worth the two hours past your appointment wait.