General Practitioner, Ophthalmologists, Surgical Specialist
Chicago Eye Institute
3982 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60641
773-282-2000
Locations and availability (3)

|  Lasik surgery  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2013

I trust no other doctor with my eyesight! He is not only a leader in the field, but also one of the most caring doctors I've ever encountered. Although you can tell the office is busy, he takes time to explain the science to you, making you feel comfortable. He now treats my entire family and I wouldn't have it any other way.

|  show details
Jan 18th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Lopez for many years. He is a caring, giving individual but more importantly he truly knows his stuff. He treats our entire family and helped to save my Dad's eyesight.

|  I think I hit on a bad day  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2010

Dr. Lopez' staff kindly scheduled me in as an emergency at the last minute, when in fact his schedule did not allow for another patient. It was all ok, everyone was nice, but after my initial exam by the assistant, which went well, I was placed out to wait. The person who put me out there said it would be about 15 minutes wait while my eyes dilated. No one checked on me or called me in until I politely inquired about one hour later whether I was waiting in the right place or did they forget about me? After about ten more minutes they called me and put me in an exam room. There, I waited patiently for about 40 minutes. No one came by to let me know what was going on. After about 35 minutes I stepped out in the hall and the patient waiting in the next room also had stepped out, she too had been waiting about 30 or more minutes. At that point some staff came by and I asked if they forgot about us and went to lunch. She reassured me no, the doctor was with a patient and would be in shortly. I resumed my nap. When Dr. Lopez came in, I was surprised and said "Oh are you the doctor?" apparently he took that the wrong way. I went and sat in the chair, and basically he started yelling at me for remarking that I had been waiting 3 hours to see him. I was very polite about it. I think he misunderstood. He told me he didn't need to see me, they had squeezed me in as an emergency. I said I did not realize that and no one had told me that there would be long waits because they were squeezing me. They just told me I had an appointment.He said he was insulted and he was with a patient that is losing their eyesight and that he would be very happy if I left. He also said he was going out to fire the person who had scheduled my appointment because he did not have time in his schedule to see me. Since he said he would be very happy if I would just leave, I took that to mean he was refusing to treat me, so I left. I have never encountered a meaner doctor in my life. YOW.