Dr. Paul Magtibay Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Magtibay?

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Paul Magtibay?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 27th, 2016

Talk more about the consequences of surgery and be honest

Dr. Magtibay performed my hysterectomy in 2010 for a very early stage endometrial cancer. I have had no issues with surgery itself and am glad I went with the Da Vinci method, however, a lot of issues with the lack of estrogen resulting from the surgery. I feel the effects and consequences of the surgery were not honestly discussed. I was told it would not affect my sex life which was simply not true.

July 21st, 2015

Haven't had a f/u visit yet. Very patient, calm demeanor. Listened, answered my questions, appeared confident, not arrogant. Very nice person.

July 17th, 2015

Top doctor!

Dr Magtibay performed an elective removal of my ovaries and tubes to reduce my risk of ovarian cancer over 50%! He was prompt, extremely thorough, and very communicative about everything. I am post op 2 days now and have heard personally from him both days! I am thrilled with Dr. Magtibay and MAYO Clinic.

May 6th, 2015

Great Surgeon!

Dr. Magtibay was great from my initial consult to post-op. I had a uterine tumor removed which required a hospital stay. He explained everything when I first went in, told me the different options for surgery and what my best choice was. He showed me on my scan where exactly the tumor was and what he would do to remove it, along with the risks involved. The surgery itself went great. I woke up about 4 hours later, taken to my room, and he came up around dinner time to check in and go over everything. I had a very tiny amount of spotting which went away after 3 days; typically it's normal bleeding for up to 10 days after surgery. Minimal scarring as well. He clearly knows what he is doing and is humble about it. Even though he's published over 150 articles, he never seemed to let pride get in the way. A month after surgery, I went back in with pain that ended up being unrelated. He took me in as a same-day emergency appointment and stayed on board throughout all my tests. He and his colleague, Dr. Nora Bassiouni, worked together to help me in that experience as well. Great doctors, both of them. Highly recommend.

April 24th, 2013

Compassion and caring

I have seen Dr. Magtibay for the past two years. He performed surgery on me and I have visited him for follow up visits. His manner with patients is amazing. He really cares and takes the time with you. He has a very calming and gentle bedside manner. It is so refreshing to visit a physician who makes you feel like more than "just a number."

April 20th, 2013

Consummate Professional who Genuinely Cares about his patients

It is remarkable how well Dr. Magtibay listens to a patient. His bedside manner is exceptional. He is clearly brilliant in his areas of expertise. I was so confident in his ability and team that I had very little anxiety going into surgery. Dr. Magtibay called me a few days post-op to offer support and reassurance which was very valuable. I had no bleeding at all which is normally expected. I healed well with little scaring in six weeks. I have very high expectations and Dr. Magtibay is the only surgeon who has exceeded them. He sets an excellent tone for the entire department. I highly recommend him as his humble demeanor allows him to see clearly.

September 17th, 2012

Caring Doctor

August 8th, 2012

Dr. Paul Magitbay

I highly recommend Dr. Magtibay for gynecology specialty. He is my gyno oncologist. I have never met a doctor who is more humble, kind and compassionate. He was extremely knowledgeable with a great bedside manner while I was hospitalized. He spent time to explain all of the medical terms that I did not understand and gave me plenty of time to ask questions. In my opinion you could not find a better gynecological doctor in Arizona. I have high regard for him as a family man and husband. There is hands down no other gynecologist I would see.

September 6th, 2011

I feel I am in very good hands with Dr. Magtibay. He is very professinal, kind and caring. He explains what I ask him and he is a wonderful doctor. He is a very kind and caring person and is very knowledgeable in his field. I would not want any other doctor!

October 14th, 2010

Caring & competent

Dr Magtibay was thorough with my examinations, my surgery, & spent the time to listen to my concerns & answer many questions. He knew I was afraid & did a good job in presenting all the facts & alternative options in an understanding way. The staff of RN's, PA's, dept. Secretaries, & hospital support were A-1. Dr Magtibay is highly qualified in his field; you will be well cared for!

August 22nd, 2010

Negligent Doctor With Disciplinary Action

doctor failed to refill prescription for cancer medication despite repeated calls to his staffdoctor refused to do a hysterectomy after cancer diagnosis had to go elsewhere to an excellent doctor in the Scottsdale areadoctor never even called back after complaint was lodged against himdoctor has prior disciplinary actions from state medical review board

November 23rd, 2009

Excellent surgeon and wonderful person. I was diagnosed with Stage IV ovarian cancer and I owe him my life.