A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Tabershaw:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Tabershaw is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Tabershaw, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Tabershaw graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Tabershaw has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Brookhaven Memorial Hospital
- New Island Hospital
- St Joseph's Hospital-Nassau
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tabershaw accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 13 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Richard J. Tabershaw practice?
Dr. Richard Tabershaw practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Surgery near Bay Shore, NY.
See Bay Shore Surgeons.