Dr. Robert Spector Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Spector?

Outstanding Results

Posted on January 30th, 2016

I started with Dr. Spector back in 1985 after I had surgery at Emory to have my Thymus Gland removed. I went to him about every three months for my treatments.I can't describe all the treatments he gave me for Myasthenia Gravis. All I can tell you is that now I feel Like I have been cured from the desease. I don't have to take ahy medication. I stopped taking medication 10 years ago. I can do anything I want to do. I remember Dr. Spector saying that my recovery was amazing and how proud he was so helpful in my recovery. I am an example of his practice. The staff was great and I had no problems getting an appointment. I had to stop seeing Dr.Spector because my insurance changed. I have not seen a doctor in 15 years about my Myasthenia Gravis. I see that he now takes the type of insurance that I have so I may get an appointment to see him. I have been to other doctors and have told them about my Myasthenis Gravis and they say I am doing great !!! Thank you Dr.Spector for all you did for me and my family !!!

Great doctor

Posted on November 30th, 2015

Posted on March 18th, 2014

Excellent Physician. I have not received the level of professionalism Dr. Spector provides in a long time. Hope he can provide motivational training to others, it is needed.

Posted on February 27th, 2014

I was treated rudely by June. The Dr. is oblivious to the needs of the patient. We want and need to be treated with respect by the staff. I think he should be aware that in Atlanta we have many choices. Are the plaques on his wall declaring him the best Dr. in his field fakes?? Supposedly these were awarded to him by his peers!!!

Posted on August 30th, 2013

Dr. Spector is a wonderfull physician, he is caring and attentive. He takes his time with each patient regardless of the amount of time it takes to answer all of your questions. I have been seeing him for some years and I too expirience problems with his office manager Stephanie Hildebrant. Fortunately I found out recently that Stephanie has resigned from the practice. His staff both front and back are kind and caring to patients. He is a well known and respected physician for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the warning about the staff

Posted on June 18th, 2013

Today I was referred to Dr. Spector by my ophthalmologist. I was about to call for an appointment, and thought it might be worthwhile to check on reviews by other patients. Good Lord!! The last thing I need to deal with are rude and arrogant staff members. Sounds like the good doctor needs to clean house.

Needs to retire and take staff with him!

Posted on May 9th, 2013

How about actually giving the correct information to the correct patient? Or even apologizing when they mixup patent files?

Spector is Spectacular!

Posted on April 18th, 2013

After spending a year going to many other doctors to have a rare disorder diagnosed correctly, undergoing brain tests, MRI's, CAT scans and a hundred other tests, with symptoms getting worse...I went to see Dr. Spector with all my films and medical records. He said to just sit in the chair so he could "look" at me. After a couple of minutes, he said "I know what you have"...he told me, and HE was right. I got the medicine I had needed all along and have been doing fantastic since. He is the nicest, kindest doctor and in my book "brilliant". I don't care what anyone may say about his staff... you go to see the DOCTOR., not the receptionist. If you have a medical problem in his field... HE is the one to see.

Not a Patient

Posted on March 8th, 2013

I was told by my daughters vision therapist and ophthamologist to see Dr.Spector. After reading the reviews I think I will go somewhere else. The last thing I need is having to deal with a rude office staff and manager. Thank you for the warnings.

Terrible Treatment

Posted on May 24th, 2012

I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life. When I scheduled my appointment, I was told the visit would range in price from $300-$700. I received my bill a month later for almost $1900! When I tried to contact the billing department to resolve this issue, there was no answer and I left several messages. None of my messages were returned. Finally months later I spoke with the office manager/billing department. I was told nothing but excuses. I was even put on hold while I was in mid sentence and then hung up on. The office manager is a rude, fowl human being. Although Dr. Spector is a great doctor, I would not recommend anyone to go there because of the way you are treated.

Posted on January 9th, 2012

Office staff is terrible especially Stephanie, a real charmer! She cannot get a medical bill filed correctly to save her life. Now that there re other neuro opthamologists in the area, we will have to go there just to avoid dealing with her and the some other difficult people in his office. What a waste, a really fine doctor who loses patients by backing a horrible staff.

Inaccurate Diagnosis & Billing Problems

Posted on December 13th, 2011

Dr. Spector was not able to fully diagnose my son's issue. He could only find my son's nerve problem in one eye, whereas my son's other doctors (two surgeons and his optometrist) were able to diagnose it as affecting both eyes. His symptoms are fairly obvious, so we were rather disappointed in this doctor's abilities. An accurate diagnosis is critical when considering surgery.In addition, I must agree with the previous reviewer that Stephanie, the office manager, is extremely rude and incompetent. She refused to refund an $18 balance due to me after my insurance company reimbursed me and made payment to them. Do I get to send them to a collection's agency?Then Stephanie charged me $40 to fax medical records to another doctor - something they promised me over the phone was no charge. My insurance won't pay and my attempts to work this out with this office have been in vain.