Dr. Santos Yu MD Patient Reviews

3.2
  • 25 reviews

October 24th, 2016
I wouldn't recommend
Two hours wait, won't listen to you, quick in and out when he comes to the room, won't remember you from last visit two weeks ago, won't look at your chart or history before seeing you, you have to repeat your whole history each time you see him.

August 26th, 2016
Run as fast as you can
These offices are a joke! He won't listen to me go over anything and prescriptions are a waste of time! 5 months later still no script! Seen him 3 times and had a migraine so bad that he gave me a patch. Took away the migraine, but left a chemical burn! Went in to show staff the bleeding and they kept telling me it was a rash! Now after being scarred for life on my arm FROM MY RASH seen by another Dr who said it was a CHEMICAL BURN I have no choice but to see this quack until insurance company gives us better botox Dr's. Other patients in the 7 seat waiting room in the west office and 4 people had to wait in the hallway because of over booking and 3 in the office hallway to rooms waiting to check out were all complaining about their experiences and the hours of wait times!

June 4th, 2016
Takes to long
Every appointment takes at least 2 hours to see the Dr. for 5 minutes.

April 20th, 2016
Terrible experience. Long waits, and the office sent in the PA for the first visit. Had to insist on seeing an actual doctor. Dr Yu showed up after a while, spent 30 seconds looking at 25 shots from an MRI, and just read off what the radiologist said. Ordered tests, never saw him again. The office charged $6000 for a $900 test. I set an appt 2 werks after the test as instructed. Spent an hour in the waiting room, was taken to an exam room, and then the PA showed up and said they didn't have the results yet. Charged my insurance for the office visit. I still don't know what the test showed of why the PA called in a prescription for a drug I know nothing about. Run fast, run far.

January 11th, 2016
Not good
This has to be one of the worst experiences with any doctor's office. The doctor arrived over an hour late to a packed office within offering any explanation, or apology for his tardiness. Once in the office, the doctor seemed preoccupied, distracted, and in a fluster. He also had a very heavy accent which made him hard to understand. After 2 1/2 hours at his office, he wrote prescriptions for meds I had already been prescribed, and one that is contra-indicted.

November 20th, 2015
Go to California or the Mayo Clinic!
Save your money and your anxiety and drive to California or go directly to the Mayo Clinic. That's the best advice I can give! I can back this up after visiting this Dr. and office twice in the last 2 months.

October 27th, 2015
Terrible
Only saw the doctor once. See the PA every time. Over schedules his office, wait times are always 40-50 minutes with no warning when you check in. Prescribed two new meds, believed there was a reaction so we called the officed four days later no return phone call and an emergency room trip later. Called today and explained ER visit and still have no call back.

September 1st, 2015
Incompetent
Visiting Dr. Yu was a big mistake. He rushed his appointment with me (my first and probably last with him), and as a result he didn't pay attention to important details. He botched my prescription order after we went over it three times. He would ask me to describe my seizures, and then as I described them, he would interrupt me and put words in my mouth. It was so frustrating. Just let me talk. At the end, he started talking fast about how he was going to sign me up for blood work and a battery of tests, when I told him earlier I have already had these tests done very recently. It would seem that all he cares about is $$$! Meanwhile, the front desk staff appeared tired and surly, like they were just trying to get through the day. That didn't concern me nearly as much as Dr. Yu.

August 25th, 2015
Dr. You is wonderful, his office staff is the most disrespectful unethical unprofessional I have ever dealt with. They are only bin it for the sake of the pay check. Have been waiting for over a month and a half for a referral from his office to see a surgeon, after I called to inquire about where it was I was rudly told that I had to go through my primary care doctor for one, then was hung up on. I never got to ask why no one cared enough to call to inform me that I had to see my primary care doctor, last word from them was we will get back to our Henderson office on Monday and get the referral in the mail for you. This is not the first time I have had to deal with the incomptenceitcy of this office staff. Not only are they incompetent but quite rude.

August 24th, 2015
Great doctor!
Dr. Yu has a great bedside manner. He is kind, professional and thorough. His staff is great as well.

July 21st, 2015
Ordered over $2000 of useless lab tests, not covered by insurance. During my interview he continually repeated erroneous information as he was entering the data on his laptop. For example he kept saying right handed female right after i had said I was left handed. This happened 3 times. His physical exam was brief, not thorough. There was no follow thru with his office.

June 18th, 2015
This is the worst place ever to get a call back. My husband is scheduled for MRI, and needs a sedation order. It's been two weeks of calling and leaving messages, and still no return call. Always sent to voice mail, even for office manager. What a joke.