Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine, Surgery of the Spine, Orthopaedic Trauma, Pain Medicine
Video profile
3108 Midway Rd
Ste 104
Plano, TX 75093
214-731-3008
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Awesome doctor...can't thank him enough.  |  show details
by Alex D. on Aug 28th, 2013

Doc Hayden is a great doc. He's patient, kind, and sincere. My husband is a patient and he's gone above and beyond for my hubby. He always makes time for emergencies and I owe him for taking such good care of my husband. I'd recommend him to anyone who is looking for an orthopedic surgeon.

|  Dr. Shawn is an excellent professional doctor  |  show details
by Katherine on Aug 1st, 2013

Dr. Shawn is an excellent professional doctor with the ability to show kindness, a rare find. The office staff is efficient and takes the cue from the doctor on calm and pleasant attitudes.

|  Dr. Shawn is wonderful with our twins  |  show details
by Hou Lovell on Aug 1st, 2013

Dr. Shawn is wonderful with our twins. He always takes a lot of time with us and explains everything in detail to make us comfortable about the issue. We never feel rushed. He does a great job. We have been to several doctors and none compare to him.

|  Dr. Shawn is a great doctor  |  show details
by Angelia C on Jul 22nd, 2013

Dr. Shawn is a great doctor. He spends all the time needed with his patients and makes sure they fully understand everything. He takes a genuine interest in not only the problem, but what else is going o n with the patient...he carries on a conversation and is never in a hurry. He has great bedside manners while treating with kids... all my kids loves him. He can make a quick and accurate diagnosis. He's just a wonderful doctor.

|  Really Passionate About His Patients  |  show details
by Chang on Jul 22nd, 2013

Dr. Shawn is really passionate about his patients. He takes time to talk to you if something is wrong. Even if he cannot make an accurate diagnosis because something is out of his field he does his best to help you figure out the right course of action. He is very hard working.

by Sarah on Jul 18th, 2013

I am seeing Dr. Shawn for a problem with herniated disks in my neck. I found him to be compassionate, intelligent and he and his staff treated me with respect rather than as an inconvenience. He has a wonderful sense of humor. I completely trust him and would not want to be under any other doctor’s care. His assistants are also terrific.

|  Fixed The Herniated Disk In My Father's Neck  |  show details
by Kevin on Jul 18th, 2013

Dr. Shawn fixed the herniated disk in my father's neck, allowing him to feel good again after months of increasingly debilitating problems. He is a wonderful doctor...kind, compassionate, interested in his patients and their care. He communicates well and was patient and understanding when dealing with his patients. It's so nice to see a doctor who makes direct eye contact, has a warm handshake and a genuine smile. Thank you, Dr. Shawn. We are forever grateful.

|  Dr. Shawn’s care after a sport injury  |  show details
by Grantham H on Jul 16th, 2013

I lucked out and was assigned to Dr. Shawn’s care after a sport injury. I'm firmly convinced he saved my playing performance while treated me so professionally. I feel so lucky to have him because a physician of his caliber could practice anywhere. Not only is he skilled, he's a real human being and talks to you, not at you, during his exams and office visits.

|  Excellent Health Care Provider  |  show details
by S. Randy on Jul 16th, 2013

Dr. Shawn is an excellent health care provider. He cautiously listens to and inspects his patients, then treats them effectively. Dr. Shawn is compassionate, thorough and always professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Shawn.

|  Professional and Smart  |  show details
by Anista D. Brown on Jun 28th, 2013

I think overall service is good. But he has to improve more in some areas to get perfect relationship with patients.

|  Dr. Shawn he`ll make them better  |  show details
by Sonia on Jun 25th, 2013

Usually kids are scared to go to the doctors, but not my kids! Whenever they`re not feeling well they know if they go to Dr. Shawn he`ll make them better. They love it! They were never afraid to get shots or checkups.

|  Dr. Shawn has the best bedside manner  |  show details
by Hanks on Jun 25th, 2013

Dr. Shawn has the best bedside manner I have come across. He is very good at paying attention what I have to say, analyzing the problem and then explaining the cure. He treated me as though I was the only patient he had in his office and stayed with me until I felt better. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for someone who really cares!

|  My children are all getting older now  |  show details
by Marcie on Jun 25th, 2013

My children are all getting older now, but I`ve taken them here since they were babies. When you choose a doctor to care for your children, you need someone you trust. I trust Dr. Shawn more than any other doctor I know. I know he really has my children`s best interest at heart. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him and the staff as well.

|  Dr.Shawn to be professional  |  show details
by kris s. on Jun 25th, 2013

We have found Dr. Shawn to be professional, no-nonsense and very capable. He is straight forward and is willing to explain everything in terms that suit the patient and make him relax about the further treatment.

|  I think he's great!!!  |  show details
by Kevin U on Jun 25th, 2013

I've been going to him since 2010. I think he's great!!! No complaints. Strongly disagree with those who said negative about him…

|  so pleased with my results  |  show details
by W. S. Richard on Jun 25th, 2013

I recently underwent a surgery on my knee by Dr. Shawn and am so pleased with my results! He was skillful and warm. Just the perfect surgeon, he did a fantastic job!

|  Dr Shawn is extremely thorough and caring  |  show details
by Kelly C. on Jun 25th, 2013

Dr Shawn is extremely thorough and caring. He is conservative on his care, strict my kids say, but I know he is concerned about their safety. My kids are honest with him and feel easy to share their problems. I will drive long distances to continue care with Dr Shawn.

|  He is very professional and efficient with his time and work  |  show details
by H. Johnson on Jun 25th, 2013

I was shocked to read some of the negative reviews posted here. Both my children have been patients of Dr. Shawn's for years and we have never experienced anything but professional and courteous care. He is very professional and efficient with his time and work.

|  He is a fantastic doctor  |  show details
by Simon on Jun 25th, 2013

My daughter has been seeing Dr. Shawn for 15 years. He is a fantastic doctor who has time to explain to us everything that is happening.

|  I took my son to see Dr. Shawn  |  show details
by Rebecca S on Jun 25th, 2013

I took my son to see Dr. Shawn after hearing so many strong recommendations, and he did not disappoint. We left the office feeling very confident in Dr. Shawn's treatment. He was punctual, professional and charming (even humorous). Even though my son's condition is not severe, he performed a full exam to make sure that he had no other problems. This is medicine at its best. We also inspired by his staff.

|  liked the way Dr. Hayden handled my treatment  |  show details
by Anna on Jun 13th, 2013

I liked the way Dr. Hayden handled my treatment. He is extremely cooperative and had spent enough time in just understanding my troubles that seemed too big for me at that time. His continuous support gave me strength to go through the illness well.

|  Dr. Hayden diagnosed the problem on the spot  |  show details
by Reyaan Ethan on Jun 13th, 2013

I dislocated my knee cap and in the process tore one of my ligaments on the inside. Dr. Hayden diagnosed the problem on the spot, ordered me a stat MRI and got the results the same day. He performed the surgery to fix it and after 4 months of intense rehab I was back to my athletic form that I was in pre-injury. Overall great doctor one of the best in the area.

|  knowledgably and trustworthy Dr. Hayden  |  show details
by Peter on Jun 13th, 2013

I can always get in to see him when needed and he generally responds within a few hours to messages left via email or telephone. He is knowledgably, trustworthy and kind in understanding your concerns. He listens and offers time to answer all your questions and concerns without any rush.

|  Dr. Shawn Hayden is delivering a good medical service  |  show details
by Robin Smith on Jun 13th, 2013

Dr. Shawn Hayden is delivering a good medical service. Plus the office staff and billing department are also doing well. They are much concerned and kind in dealing. It’s my experience and observation. He treated me for nerve sciatica an year back and he was truly personable. Then I was there in his clinic about a week ago with my nephew and observed the same calm, peaceful environment and treatment.

|  Highly Recommend Dr. Shawn  |  show details
by Earl Johnson on Jun 13th, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr. Shawn to anyone seeking an orthopedic surgeon. He and his staff are very professional and my overall experience with them was very positive. Dr. Shawn took the time to explain my situation, address my concerns, and answer all my questions in a very pleasant manner. If you are seeking an excellent surgeon, Dr. Shawn A Hayden is the one you want.

|  Mr.  |  show details
by Khoja on Apr 28th, 2013

Dr. Hayden's staff is great. They will set you an appointment over the phone. The staff is polite and feels like family. Dr. Hayden wrote me a prescription for massage therapy but the staff help me to find places . Although, I didn't have any problems or issues with other doctors buy Dr. Hayden is out standing. I recommend everyone going to him due to the treatment I received from the staff. It's my recommendation.

Apr 27th, 2013

Dr. Hayden is the best Arthopadic in the U.S.! He and his staff are beyond reproach and become your family while diagnosing and treating your child when no other doctor can. He is a genius that can get on the same level as your child. He has a gift of listening, evaluating and informing. We thank God we found him, he saved our son's life and gave us hope for the future.

Apr 24th, 2013

He is Awesome. 5 Star Doctor. He did wonderful Job on my Knee Surgery.

Apr 8th, 2013

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Shawn Hayden for over 5 years. He has always been caring, conservative, and overall a genuine doctor. Five Stars....

|  Mr.  |  show details
by Moiz on Apr 6th, 2013

I had a Tibia fracture, Dr Shawn Hayden perform two surgeries on me. He has been a great help through out the procedure and post surgery period. I am very satisfied with his treatment and highly recommend to others. He is best. Answered all my questions with details, reasons, and solutions.

|  Rude staff! Never going there again.  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

They schedule an appointment and call you the day of to reschedule . Rude, disorganized, very unwilling to work with your schedule. The x ray tech seems to be the only one who knows what he is doing. Don't use this doctor.

Sep 19th, 2012

Dr. Hayden's staff is horrible. They will set you an appointment then say they did not set you an appointment. The staff is rude and doesn't seem to like to answer any question. Dr. Hayden wrote me a prescription for massage therapy but the staff could not give me the name of a doctor or facility to go to. Although, I didn't have any problems or issues with Dr. Hayden I wouldn't recommend anyone going to him due to the treatment I received from the staff. It's my recommendation that he gets a more professional group of office personnel. Not only were his staff unprofessional and rude to me but I witnessed the same treatment towards other patients in the waiting room.

|  I don't recommend going to see this doctor if you want to find a place that actually cares about patients.  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

It's not the matter of Dr. Hayden. I like him. He is caring and has good manners.It is his wife(Reina) who works there is a big issue.She is very unprofessional and does not have a character to be in healthcare setting.so here is what happened.I was booked to get an ACL surgery on July 17th, 2012. And prescreening for the surgery was on July 12th, 2012. On the day of the prescreening, I told one the receptionist that I want to pay for the surgery today, july 12th. The receptionist told me they can't figure out the price of the surgery and told me to go home and pay for the surgery on the surgery day. But, on the day after the prescreening,friday July 13th. I get a call from another receptionist asking me to pay for the surgery... so i told him i'll pay next monday with my dad's credit card information. He told me all i need was my dad's credit card number, exp date, and the three security digits on back of the card. As much as I wanted to know the price of the surgery and pay for it, I was glad that they finally figured out the price and asked me to pay for it. So finally, I call them on monday july 16th with my dad's credit card information, and Reina(Dr. Hayden's wife) answers. She was already upset that I didn't pay for the surgery yet. and she tells me that she cant take my dad's credit card information unless my dad is actually at the doctors office...the doctor's office was an hour away from my house and my dad was at work. If they have told me that my dad has to be at the site to pay, I could have asked my dad to transfer money to my bank in advance. Reina was chewing me out for not paying for the surgery, even after explaining her that receptionists messed up. I got upset at that time too. but since I'm the one who has to get an acl surgery, i told her i'll transfer money to my bank from my dad's account and call back to pay. After transferring money to my bank account, I call back to pay but find out that Reina has changed my surgery date to july 29th because I did not pay... and that schedule does not work for me because I only have 2 weeks till i go back to graduate school.Now, I have to wait till next summer to get the surgery.Please consider my shout out before making a trip to Doctor Hayden's office. If they can't even get the paperwork right and gives me different answers every time I call, who knows you will get a surgery on right knee when you are supposed have a surgery on you left knee.

|  Horrible Doctor  |  show details
May 31st, 2012

not informative and very rude...doesn't like when you ask him questions... never going back to this office EVER

|  Not Recommended  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

Seek medical help else where.

|  not a satisfied patient  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2010

Dr. Hayden performed surgery fusion 5 1 1/2 years ago on my husband to tis date my husband is in chronic pain nearly everyday and cannot walk without assistance surgery was not a success husband is worse off than he was before now they say my husband needs a second surgery to fix what dr. hayden messed up, my husband will not see him again!!!

|  Following up  |  show details
by Kristyana on Apr 30th, 2009

This is Kristyana again, following up. I went through several minimally invasive procedures that were the most cutting edge with Dr. Hayden. We tried everything. Each step we took we hoped it would fix the problem, but in June of 2008 after our last procedure he asked me What do you want to do? I practically cried on his shoulder and told him that after almost 4 years of pain and not feeling like a normal person I was ready for surgery. I want to have children one day, I want to be able to exercise I want to be a normal person again! He just looked at me and said Ok, then we will move forward with surgery. He told me about a surgical procedure that would help me keep my range of motion and hopefully keep me from having to have multiple surgeries in the future. I was 23 when I had the surgery, which is very young for major back surgery. Usually if you have surgery so young then there is a very high rate of disk collapse from having the disk or part of the vertebrae removed. He had to track down a special piece of hardware for the procedure and then was able to do the surgery from the back without having to go through my stomach as well. It was a very cutting edge surgery He saved me a lot of pain and recovery time just by doing that. Im pretty sure representatives from the company where he received the special hardware were there for the surgery to observe. I am very happy to say that I healed very well and the pain is almost completely gone. I used to take 3-4 advil every 3-4 hours (I tried to stay away from the hard stuff but yes, I had to take those too), and now I can just take one Aleve every 24 hours. Sometimes I forget that I even had back pain. Ive been able to become more active, feel so much better about myself.And the biggest thing is he didnt give up on me and send me somewhere else. Ive been bounced around to so many doctors I thought my head was going to explode. I had given up when a friend referred me to Dr. Hayden. I had abnormal pain, and he wanted to figure it out. Ladies and Gentlemen, that is really hard to find.

Jul 9th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I was amazed that it only took 3seconds for me to find a physicians phone number with Yahoo Plano.Thank got for Yahoo.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  Dr. Hayden - Intelligent and Methodical  |  show details
by Kristyana on Apr 23rd, 2008

Dr. Hayden is an incredible doctor. I went to see him after 3 1/2 years of terrible back and leg pain due to Nerve Sciatica. The problem began when I was 20 years old, so naturally I have seen every specialist, chiropractor and been to every phyical therapist around. They all say that I am too young and that it will pass. Since I also have some pain in my hip area as well as my leg, no one could figure out if it was my leg or my hip. One doctor even said I had tendonitis! (Right) Not Dr. Hayden. He is the only one who has stepped up to the plate and has methotically began to weave out all of the possibilites. Everyone else kept passing me on from specialist to specialist without even trying to figure out the problem. Dr. Hayden is very direct and to the point, so the only thing I can say is that his bedside manner can leave a little to be desired. But at the same time you can tell how intelligent he is, and his effort to find the problem and fix it. He has done everything in his power to not send me to surgery unless he is absolutely sure that he will be operating on the right spot and actually fixing the problem. He also seems to have knowledge of new procedures that would be a better choice. Everyone in his office seems very happy and will tell you what a great job he does. I found him through a friend, who also has been a patient of his. I highly recommend!