Dr. Sherry Thomas, MD
Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Apr 26th, 2016

Let me say I have never written one of these reviews before. I am just appalled. My mother was treated by Dr. Thomas. I believe she was able to treat and helped with some of the discomfort my mother was having. However, I have never witnessed such unprofessional behavior from a doctor. My mother saw her in February. Was supposed to schedule a follow up a month later. She wasn't having any problems so she didn't follow up. Fast forward to April, she was visiting me in Colorado and she needed a prescription called in for a common female problem (one that does not require to be seen by a doctor to get a prescription.) So my mom called the office to ask them to call the prescription in to a local pharmacy. The front office made it sound like it would be done. Then, my mom gets a call from Dr. Thomas who wants to ask a few follow up questions of my mom. My mom happened to have the phone on speaker. I witnessed Dr. Thomas cut my mom off, speak down to her and be totally unprofessional. The entire call lasted about 5 minutes. She ended the phone call by saying that since she had to take her time to speak to my mom, which my mom did not ask for, that she was going to be billing her for a consult; insurance would not pay. She clearly was angry and my mother. At that point I had to step in, which I have NEVER done. At no point did my mom ask her to call her for a consult. The nurse could have returned the call and said she wouldn't be calling in the prescription until the doctor sees her. This doctor felt the need to berate my 71 year old mother. Now if my mother had done something wrong, like miss an appointment, charge her for the missed appointment and move on. But don't call a patient and be unprofessional, rude and belittling. I would never recommend this doctor.

Exceptional doctor! show details Exceptional doctor!
by Regina R. on Jul 22nd, 2013

Dr. Thomas is an exceptional woman. She treated me, and my husband, with respect and dignity. Her knowledge and caring attitude immediately put us both at ease. I went into my surgery with every confidence in her and her abilities. I would recommend every woman who needs a hysterectomy, who has a prolapsed uterus, or any vaginal problems, to see Dr. Thomas. I am so thankful that I did!

The surgeon who fixes others mistakes show details The surgeon who fixes others mistakes
by Maureen T. on Mar 23rd, 2013

Dr. Sherry Thomas is a fantastic surgeon and a wonderful human being. After years of suffering from uterine prolapse I had a hysterectomy performed by another surgeon. According to him this would "fix" my prolapse it did not. In fact I was left incontinent. Dr. Sherry Thomas is the surgeon insurance companies call when a surgery goes wrong. She gave me back my life and I will forever be grateful. She also donates her talents to poor women in Africa (CNN) God Bless you Dr. Thomas and Thank You so very much!

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Mar 16th, 2012

Very thorough. Dr. Thomas helped me resolve a bladder infection that I re-occuring for over 2 years. She really knows what she is doing. I am so happy I was referred to her by my gynecologist.