W Stephen S Ku MD Patient Reviews

• 18 reviews

September 16th, 2016
One of the worst decisions in my life having Dr. Ku do cataract surgery on my eyes. Go to another doctor I am telling you. He does not tell/explain what you will go through. My eyes are so bad now- never had a problem with them before surgery- never should have had the surgery- didn't need it. My cataracts were at the early stages so I actually had plenty of time before I needed surgery. Please please go to someone else for cataract surgery. Go to a doctor that will tell you exactly what you will be able to see, and what you won't. My eyes are so messed up now that even after seeing other dr's in town- I have to go to a specialist Bascom Palmer in Miami, Florida to see if they can help me. Dr. Ku is a very nice man- but please listen to me or you may have the same issues I am dealing with and it is bad. Every day is painful for me.

July 31st, 2016
Find a new dr unless he gets a new attitude/demeanor
Chose this Dr because he was on my plan...wish I would have read these first...was appalled at his rude demeanor. Was a two hour wait to actually see him. Upon entering the room, barely glanced at me or my son, the patient...didn't crack a smile...said sobs eye prob must be contact related so when I tried to ask what does that mean? Etc...he curtly said he had no idea, he doesn't do contacts anymore...and I tried again to get a clearer idea in what to do next...he rudely interrupted me to say, I TOLD YOU I don't do contacts...then literally stood up, opened the door & pointed us out!! We were shocked & wondered what in the world?? The only bright side was the very warm, personable Young A&M grad he has taking vitals & such...wish this dr could learn some personal relations skills from him. Dissapointing!

May 30th, 2016
Excellant

May 30th, 2016
Rude - Rushed
My primary care doctor recommended him. You spend most of your time with his staff- his time is extremely short - quick. On my additional visit probably saw him face-to-face two full minutes. Look elsewhere for an Opthomologist.

May 23rd, 2016
Good doctor. Lousy staff.

February 7th, 2016
Great doctor.
Excellent doctor. Would highly recommend him. Staff friendly and efficient.

October 1st, 2015
Excellent opthalmologist but very busy.

May 18th, 2015
So sorry I went
Dr. S. Ku is rude, he does not listen to concerns and gets aggravated when asked questions. He speaks to his assistants only and not to the patient regarding his findings, treatments and procedures for YOUR eye care. On my 3rd visit, they had no idea of what medicine they put me on. It was not in their computer system!! Even though they had called it into the pharmacy. I personally find him to be a insult to the profession. He is in it for the money and not the care of the patient. Please PROCEED WITH CAUTION WITH THIS DOCTOR!!!

September 24th, 2014
Excellence
I rate Dr. Ku #1 in his field, I would recommend him to anyone who needs eye care.

June 19th, 2013
Dr Ku is an amazing dr, however, his staff at the Plano office (Wanda specifically) has finally run this patient off. I kept trying to go to the Lewisville store, but since marrying and moving, this is no longer viable. Wanda is the most insulting lazy individual I have come into contact with. No more.

April 28th, 2013
Knowledgeable, outstanding professional
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Ku since 2010. He has all the qualities we look for in an excellent doctor..organized, detailed, caring, excellent patient rapport and communication. Our exams, and surgical procedures went beautifully. Thank you, Dr. Ku, for being such a great person.

August 13th, 2012
Recently during a scheduled visit I was exceptionally disappointed with Dr. Ku's attitude when I commented to him that I hoped that he had seen a letter that I wrote him in which I told him about the wrong dosage of Lumigan that someone in his office called in. Instead of 1% someone on his staff called in 3%, which caused much redness and burning to my eyes and eyelids. He retorted that he was only a doctor and that he could not be held responsible for prescriptions called in by his staff. Also, he indicated that the $40 for my visit would not help pay for the $80,000 machine he bought to conduct tests. I do not know where he came from on this one because I thought that patients were to convey to their doctors any concerns that affected their health. I will tell anyone who asks that they should stay away from this unprofessional "health provider".