Find a new dr unless he gets a new attitude/demeanor show details Find a new dr unless he gets a new attitude/demeanor
Jul 31st, 2016

Chose this Dr because he was on my plan...wish I would have read these first...was appalled at his rude demeanor. Was a two hour wait to actually see him. Upon entering the room, barely glanced at me or my son, the patient...didn't crack a smile...said sobs eye prob must be contact related so when I tried to ask what does that mean? Etc...he curtly said he had no idea, he doesn't do contacts anymore...and I tried again to get a clearer idea in what to do next...he rudely interrupted me to say, I TOLD YOU I don't do contacts...then literally stood up, opened the door & pointed us out!! We were shocked & wondered what in the world?? The only bright side was the very warm, personable Young A&M grad he has taking vitals & such...wish this dr could learn some personal relations skills from him. Dissapointing!

May 30th, 2016

Excellant

Rude - Rushed show details Rude - Rushed
by MB on May 30th, 2016

My primary care doctor recommended him. You spend most of your time with his staff- his time is extremely short - quick. On my additional visit probably saw him face-to-face two full minutes. Look elsewhere for an Opthomologist.

May 23rd, 2016

Good doctor. Lousy staff.

Great doctor. show details Great doctor.
by Sandra on Feb 7th, 2016

Excellent doctor. Would highly recommend him. Staff friendly and efficient.

Oct 1st, 2015

Excellent opthalmologist but very busy.

So sorry I went show details So sorry I went
May 18th, 2015

Dr. S. Ku is rude, he does not listen to concerns and gets aggravated when asked questions. He speaks to his assistants only and not to the patient regarding his findings, treatments and procedures for YOUR eye care. On my 3rd visit, they had no idea of what medicine they put me on. It was not in their computer system!! Even though they had called it into the pharmacy. I personally find him to be a insult to the profession. He is in it for the money and not the care of the patient. Please PROCEED WITH CAUTION WITH THIS DOCTOR!!!

Excellence show details Excellence
by Dona J. Miller on Sep 24th, 2014

I rate Dr. Ku #1 in his field, I would recommend him to anyone who needs eye care.

by Cannon, C on Jun 19th, 2013

Dr Ku is an amazing dr, however, his staff at the Plano office (Wanda specifically) has finally run this patient off. I kept trying to go to the Lewisville store, but since marrying and moving, this is no longer viable. Wanda is the most insulting lazy individual I have come into contact with. No more.

Knowledgeable, outstanding professional show details Knowledgeable, outstanding professional
by K. & R. on Apr 28th, 2013

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Ku since 2010. He has all the qualities we look for in an excellent doctor..organized, detailed, caring, excellent patient rapport and communication. Our exams, and surgical procedures went beautifully. Thank you, Dr. Ku, for being such a great person.

Aug 13th, 2012

Recently during a scheduled visit I was exceptionally disappointed with Dr. Ku's attitude when I commented to him that I hoped that he had seen a letter that I wrote him in which I told him about the wrong dosage of Lumigan that someone in his office called in. Instead of 1% someone on his staff called in 3%, which caused much redness and burning to my eyes and eyelids. He retorted that he was only a doctor and that he could not be held responsible for prescriptions called in by his staff. Also, he indicated that the $40 for my visit would not help pay for the $80,000 machine he bought to conduct tests. I do not know where he came from on this one because I thought that patients were to convey to their doctors any concerns that affected their health. I will tell anyone who asks that they should stay away from this unprofessional "health provider".

Aug 18th, 2011

I chuckle at the comments on bedside manner - he is an excellent dr he knows his "stuff" takes care of the problem and that is what is important - no need for a "hold your hand honey dr" if they can take care of business correctly. I like everything about him and most of his staff!

Worst Doctor I've Ever Seen in My Entire Life show details Worst Doctor I've Ever Seen in My Entire Life
Jun 24th, 2011

Dr. Ku is mean, arrogant, insensitive, and overall one of the most horrible people I've come in contact with in my life. Heaven forbid YOU lose your vision and are in extreme pain and he's the one on call in the ER...he won't let you forget that you woke him up. I'll NEVER go back to him and unless you want to have nightmares about the world's worst people you won't either!

LISD Special Ed Interpreter show details LISD Special Ed Interpreter
May 19th, 2011

Had eye surgery performed by Dr Ku 6 weeks ago, him and his staff treated me with courtesy, and professionalism, he took time to explain all the process, and the post operative follow up.I am very particular when choosing my drs. I am so far very pleased in all areas related to dr. Ku's services. I have another eye surgery scheduled for August, and couldn't be any more confident knowing that I'm in Dr. Ku's hands, I'm definetly giving him a 4 stars overall rating!!!

Jul 8th, 2010

Dr. ku placed punctal plugs that were too small and fell out right away.

Bad show details Bad
Jun 3rd, 2010

Made appt. for contact lense fitting since my eyes are difficult to fit contacts to. Dr. Ku did NOT spend but maby 5 Minutes with me. He just did the usual check for eye deseases and did not even listen to my seeing problems. He literally could have cared less. He had his assistants do most of the work. End result: I litterally could not see for a year until I went to Dr. Melzer who listened to my problems, took me seriously and fitted me with the perfect contacts. And now: I CAN SEEEEE!! I did not think it was possible for me to see this well anymore and I am only 42!!!!! I have NOTHING Good to say about Dr. KU except that he is in it for the money and not the care of peoples eyes.

May 16th, 2009