Dr. Stephen Newandee MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

December 22nd, 2016
UNPROFESSIONAL AND MONEY HUNGRY I have never experienced such an uneducated, unethical, and unprofessional doctor. One thing is for sure, he will order a ton of exams to bill your insurance company. Beware and save yourself the headache!! In my experience Dr. Stephen Newandee is only in this busRE!!
First of all, I wouldn't even give Dr. Newandee one star, but had to in order to write this review. I will also say, his staff is professional, friendly, and do as they are told. However, my experience with Dr. Stephen Newandee was VERY BAD. He was very unprofessional, raised his voice to me, lied about information, and was extremely uncooperative. I needed a doctor's order from him to receive a follow-up mammogram (they found an abnormality in my left breast at a breast care office that he recommended me to). I could not return to the breast care office for the follow-up until he gave me a doctor's order. He refused to do so and claimed that he never gave me a mammogram referral in the first place. He also claimed that he needed to know details of what they found in order to give me a doctor's order. He also claimed he never received a report from the mammogram office with the abnormality details. So to give him proof, the mammogram office faxed over a copy of both the report with the details he was looking for and the original referral from him (w/his signature) to see them. After all that, he still wouldn't give me a doctor's order for a follow-up mammogram. Instead he wanted to do another full physical in order to determine if I needed a doctor's order for a mammogram??! He made no sense whatsoever ever! I have never experienced such an uneducated, unethical, and unprofessional doctor. One thing is for sure, he will order a ton of exams to bill your insurance company. Beware and save yourself the headache!! In my experience Dr. Stephen Newandee is only in this business for the money.

January 21st, 2016
So unprofessional. Staff doesn't tell you it's cash/check ONLY. He will NOT see you even if you have fever, chills, body ache, headache, nausea. The $$$ is more important and will not accept that you mail it in. I had my medical group call them to ask for an exception and they didn't bother to pick up the phone. Moreover, They will not return your call within 30 minutes as they advertise. I waited for an hour to be told I won't be seen and they didn't care I was sick. But Dr. Newandee will see all the medical reps one after the other and will let some out the back door so it isn't that obvious. I counted 4 in 30 minutes. So beware.

May 29th, 2015
Worst doctor
Do not waste your time by seeing Dr Stephen Newandee. By far he is the worst doctor I have ever seen. He is rude and to make things worst he is not well educated in the medical profession.

February 13th, 2015
HORRIBLE DOCTOR!!!
DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR (If you can even call him a doctor), He walked into the exam room leaving the door open so that everyone in the place can hear my business. first thing that came out of his mouth was "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" (in a rude tone) he never introduced himself to me , (this was my first visit) I didn't answer thinking he is going to read my file with all the notes the MA took, but no he says it again "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" So I said I'm having back pain , I have a slipped disc and I can't barely walk, before I could explain anything else he asks me, how do I know I have a slipped disc I said because I had an MRI done and the doctor told me I had a slipped disc. he came over to me pushed me forward and I AM NOT KIDDING YOU! he started punching me in my lower back with his fist! not gentle either I screamed out OUCH YOUR HURTING ME! and he stopped and said how long has it hurt I told him for a week, then he said what are you taking for the pain? are you taking muscle relaxers ? I said no thats why i'm here to get something for the pain, he said heating pad and take Advil, I said thats it? He said i could perscribe you some muscle relaxers and stated writing a perscription I said I'm also here for hormones for my menopause it's been a year since i've been on my medication and I really need to get back on my meds he said YOU DON'T NEED HORMONES!! NO HORMONES!! if your hot just take a cold shower, i said then I guess I need to see a different doctor, he said yes go see another doctor I will not give you hormones. all the time he is talking his mannerism is RUDE!! I said why are you been so rude to me, he raised his voice and said i'm just trying to help you and said that hormones cause breast cancer and heart disease I said now why are you yelling at me there is no need for you to yell at me or be so rude, I got up and said I'm leaving I don't like you. he said go ahead a leave I don't care! I walked out and every one in the waiting room just starred at me because it was as if they were in the room with us because the door was wide open with no privacy. there was a lot more conversation going back and forth but just to much to type and from the minute he walked into the room he was nothing but RUDE!! I READ HIS REVIEWS BEFORE I CHOSE THIS DOCTOR I WAS VERY HESITANT BECAUSE OF THE BAD REVIEWS BUT I GAVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT, BUT I'M SORRY I DID. THIS WAS THE MOST HORRIBLE DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!! I CAN NOT STRESS IT ENOUGH "DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR"!!!!!!

March 19th, 2014
keep looking
Office staff is mediocre and Dr. Newandee prescribes lots of medication instead of offering alternatives. $$$$$$

February 26th, 2014
great dr
dr newandee is a very caring thorough dr..and he listens to you..and everyone there is very kind and caring..i've been going there for a long time.i send family and friends there ..

October 24th, 2013
sweet good man
My family has been going to Doc Newandee for 20 years. He is smart and kind. When my son was little doc newandee was walking by us in the hallway for a group he worked for awhile ago, he saw my sons arm very swollen in a cast, and even though he was not my sons specific doc he right away cut the cast to release the pressure. He truely is one of those doctors who care about people. Right there we made him our family practice doctor and my neighbor also goes to him(and he is very picky)! Doctor Newandee we really appreciate you!

January 18th, 2011
Mr. Dominquez
He saved my life. Came in feelign very ill and after his complete exam and lab work i found out i was diabetic and at risk of a heart attack after three months of treatment my levels are now normal. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

July 1st, 2010
Ms. Garcia
i have been going to this doctor for a short time but he might be one of the best. I get appointments when anythign happens. He makes my life alot easier always makes sure im in good health. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a good family practice doctor.

June 30th, 2010
Great MD
Very happy with Dr. Newandee and have been for year. His staff is so very helpful.

June 21st, 2010
Dr. Newandee has been my primary care physician for 20 years. He has been there through the good times and the tough times. He listens to my input, offers options for my care plan and follows through. Christina, the nurse, is always on top of things. I do not have to visit so frequently any more; but a visit is a pleasant experience.

April 22nd, 2010
RIDICULOUS
THIS GUY IS THE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET. I WAS SHOCKED AT HOW LITTLE HE KNEW ABOUT 1 OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF NOURISHING A BABY, "BREASTFEEDING". I NEEDED A NOTE FROM HIM INDICATING THAT I AM NURSING MY 10 MONTH OLD BABY (TO SUBMIT TO MY EMPLOYER TO BE ABLE TO PARK CLOSER TO THE LACTATION FACILITY). THIS "FAMILY" DR. HAD ALREADY GIVEN ME A NOTE A FEW MONTHS BEFORE AND I NEEDED A RENEWAL. SO I CALLED TO ASK IF I COULD GET ANOTHER NOTE VIA FAX. HE SAID NO, THAT I HAD TO COME IN. AS SOON AS I GOT THERE HE QUESTIONED WHY I AM NURSING MY SON, THAT HE IS TOO OLD, NORMALLY PEOPLE ONLY NURSE WHEN THE BABIES ARE LITTLE, THAT HE WILL NOT PROVIDE THE NOTE UNLESS I GET A NOTE FROM THE PEDIATRICIAN STATING THAT MY SON SHOULD BE NURSED (DUH!REALLY DOCTOR-GIVE ME A BREAK). I EVEN OFFERED TO NURSE MY SON IN FRONT OF HIM, 2 PROVE THAT I AM NURSING. HE SAID NO. THIS MAN IS A MESS. HE HAD ME WASTE MY TIME (GET A DAY OFF WORK) TO LISTEN TO IGNORANCE. RIDICULOUS!I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO HIM! CRISTINA (FRONT DESK) WAS AWESOME, SUPER NICE, PROFESSIONAL, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. TOO BAD SHE WORKS FOR THIS GUY.