A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Pournaras:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Pournaras is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Pournaras, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
Education & Awards
Dr. Pournaras graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Pournaras has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
- Inova Alexandria Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen W Pournaras MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Stephen W. Pournaras practice?
- Dr. Stephen Pournaras has 2 office locations.
Dr. Stephen Pournaras practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Fairfax, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Rockville, MD.
See Fairfax Surgeons.