Dr. Steve Lee, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hand Surgeon
Video profile

Sep 20th, 2016

Dr. Lee performed reconstructive surgery to repair a completely torn ligament in my wrist. Following his diagnosis, he very clearly set out all of my options with their respective pros/cons. He described in detail (multiple times) the different surgical options, including a relatively new procedure that he was on the forefront of developing and performing. He ended up using that new surgical procedure as I was a suitable candidate for it. Nine months later I was back to all of my normal athletic activities, and am now completely asymptomatic, pain-free and actually stronger. I couldn't recommend Dr. Lee more. Besides being an outstanding surgeon at the top of his field (the doctor I met with for a 2nd opinion actually knew Dr. Lee and told me I could not do better!), he takes his time to communicate thoroughly and clearly, is available to address any concerns and is a pleasure to deal with.

Steven K Lee show details Steven K Lee
by Lenny Clark on Aug 20th, 2016

Dr Lee had his PA remove my stitches after my Ulnar Nerve Transposition. My incision was not closed. I questioned her and was told it would have to heal from inside. I spent a week bandageing my arm 6 times a day it because the four inch open incision would leak thru. My surgery had to be repeated. Now i have so much pain. Worse than ever.i can no longer use my right hand. I was a Master Automobile Tech now its only on paper. Now i cant work. Now i lost my job. Now i am waiting for a decision on SS Disability. And now my home is heading into forclosure. Thanks Dr Lee

Top notch show details Top notch
by Jerry S. on Oct 14th, 2015

The best I can say is that each time I have visited Dr. Lee, always with simple problems, I have heard other patients praising him for dealing with complicated issues or for correcting problems that previous doctors didn't help.

Such a professional! show details Such a professional!
by Ali Karayalcin on Aug 26th, 2015

I took my pregnant wife to Dr. Lee for her three broken fingers on her left hand. She was uncomfortable with her previous doctor. So I made a research for the best Hand Surgeon in town to get a second opinion, and found Dr. Lee. It seemed harder to make an appointment within next three days, but when I explained the situation on the phone, his team let us examined by him in 2 days. He is so professional. Made life so easy for us with his approach, and outstanding knowledge and attention to details. He immediately noticed more fractures our previous doctor missed. You most likely cannot die because of a hand injury. But if you would like to be able to use your injured hand like nothing happened after healing, I don't think there is a better Doctor you can go. Thank you Dr. Lee.

Jun 2nd, 2015

Dr. Lee is a brilliant surgeon and physician. We were referred to him to handle a complex nerve injury and he was able to give us hope when we had none. He has shown our family the greatest compassion and guided us through two surgeries and post op care. We recommend with 5 stars and more with no reservations. We are so lucky that he is handling our case His office office manager and all of his staff are also incredibly professional and helpful.

Not a memorable experience, show details Not a memorable experience,
Oct 30th, 2014

After reading many of the wonderful reviews, I looked forward to meeting with Dr. Lee after injuring my hand. Following a three hour wait in the office, along with a packed waiting room of equally unhappy patients, I was finally examined for approximately five minutes, asked few questions and told that there did not seem to be a fracture, though the results of an x-ray in the ER two weeks pror revealed a fracture. I was then sent on my merry way with the suggestion that I could take Tylenol for the pain. In the weeks that followed, as my function decreased and the pain woke me through the night, I requested having an MRI. Dr Lee read the MRI and disagreed with the radiology report which indicated the presence of two ligament tears and, despite my extreme discomfort, recommended Motrin following another five minute cursory exam and off he went. This might be your guy if you have extreme damage and require hours of interesting surgery, however, anything less major will likely not hold his attention long enough for you to formulate a question.

Dr Steve Lee is One-of-a Kind show details Dr Steve Lee is One-of-a Kind
by Cathy Hull on Oct 15th, 2014

Dr Steve Lee's reputation as a gifted surgeon precedes him. I was so grateful that somehow he managed to fit me into his very busy schedule almost immediately. I had been rushed to our local hospital in the country post accident; despite their excellent reputation for their Orthopedic Department, I was convinced that my condition had been misdiagnosed in the ER. Unfortunately, I was correct. Dr Lee and his team treat the whole person not just the body. I appreciated how accessible and generous he was with his time answering all my questions (and my husband's), calming my fears, showing me my x-rays, patiently explaining my condition as well as the necessary treatment and prognosis clearly and concisely in language I could actually understand. Several friends of mine had also been treated for a radial wrist fracture. Years later their scars looked quite fresh.I had many complications with my ulna. Nevertheless it took my friends respectively more than a year to partially recover; whereas I am fully recuperated in a little more than six weeks just as he had predicted. Dr Lee is truly the best!

Glomus Tumor show details Glomus Tumor
by Nancy K. on Aug 10th, 2014

For the past ten years I experienced pain in my thumb when I bumped it. Over time, the pain increased until it became constant and a red line developed under the nail. Having banged my thumb many times on the faucet while washing my face, I simply passed this redness over as a small collection of blood, or a bruise. However, a growing intensity of pain alarmed me. I could no longer place my hand in cool water and I needed to wear two gloves on my right hand in the winter. The turning point came when even lightly tapping my thumb against something caused agonizing pain. This happened frequently as I am a pre-school teacher. At times I wanted to scream out loud, but of course I couldn't in a classroom of four year olds. Fed up with the pain and the constant awareness that I had to protect my thumb, I researched my problem on the Internet, and was surprised to find others with similar symptoms, two of which being paroxysmal pain and sensitivity to cold. Reading further, I concluded that I had a glomus tumor. I knew that it had to come out and that I needed a hand surgeon. When I read about Dr. Lee, I felt a sense of relief, but I also felt that my "little thumb" was too small a task for a man with his expertise in performing complex surgeries. I was afraid that he might not even see me. Boy was I wrong! Dr. Lee treated me with seriousness and concern. Having seen glomus tumors before, he understood the intensity of their pain. A date was scheduled for surgery, but shortly after the initial visit, when the pain made it impossible for me to sleep, Dr. Lee offered to do the surgery sooner rather than later, even after normal working hours. However, this became unnecessary because of another patient's cancellation. The operation itself went very well. The large glomus tumor was removed and for the first time in years I was free of its horrible pain. It has been seven weeks since the surgery and my thumb is returning to normal. I am so grateful to Dr. Lee. I also wish to commend the staff at HHS for their professionalism and attentiveness. This includes the people who work in Dr. Lee's office as well as the pre-op and recovery room staff. At the Hospital for Special Surgery I was always treated as a person and not simply as a patient.

Compartment Syndrome show details Compartment Syndrome
by Diana Gryszkiewicz on Dec 2nd, 2013

I went to Dr. Lee after having two fasciotomies in both of my forearms after being diagnosed with compartment syndrome. My previous surgeon had claimed that there were no other options and that I would have to deal with the pain, until I met with Dr. Lee who told me he could help. Dr. Lee told me that there was no guarantee that he could stop the pain, but that he would try and do whatever he could to figure out what was wrong. After he performed my third surgery, I woke up and he told me he found several tight tendons remaining in my forearms and that he released them. I haven't had any pain since this surgery! The scar is a very large zig-zag down my entire forearm, but unlike my previous doctors who were more concerned about cosmetics Dr. Lee insisted that it was more important to stop the pain rather than worrying about a scar. Every member of his staff that I worked with was incredibly patient and was willing to listen to everything I had to say. They were thorough in ruling out any other possible problem such as nerve damage, tendonitis, and so on. Dr. Lee was positive and always thorough when discussing my surgery. The nurses and staff made me feel so comfortable on the day of my surgery and I was able to walk into the operating room without being nervous or scared. Although the hospital is rather large and can be confusing to navigate, every staff member friendly and willing to help you get to where you needed to be. I've recommended HSS (and Dr. Lee) to everyone I know!

Most amazing dr. Would recommend him to everyone show details Most amazing dr. Would recommend him to everyone
Nov 5th, 2013

I went to dr lee after having surgery by another dr. Who was awful. Dr. Lee saw me & before just cutting into me he made me do a series of tests to be thorough. (Something my other dr. didn't ) after all the tests it was confirmed that I needed more surgery. All I can say is dr. Lee was & is amazing & compassionate. He explained everything thoroughly & made me feel like I was in the right hands. I have never felt so at ease with a dr. like I do with dr. Lee. He did the surgery & did such an amazing job that you can hardly notice that he cut open almost my entire hand. He is caring & takes the time to sit with you & is just a wonderful man. Not only would I recommend him to everyone, I wish he was a general dr as well, because I love how he treats you.

Now I have full function of my right wrist and arm show details Now I have full function of my right wrist and arm
by Jack Deshefy on Jul 29th, 2013

After having a broken wrist in four places stabilized and healed months later pain developed in my palm and fore arm. Eventually without any movement, the pain was there. It increased to a point that I would not use my arm because the pain was so severe. I realized that I could not continue to let my arm deteriorate so I did some research on the HSS web site and found Dr. Lee. His diagnosis was correct and the surgery went smoothly. Today, three months later, I am pain free and doing strength training to return to the golf course. Thank you Dr. Lee

by dorothy daniels on Apr 6th, 2013

Dr Lee is very professional,skilled and kind. He made my surgery almost easy! Everyone in the office was courteous and helpful. I would highly recommend his expertise.

Mar 25th, 2013

Both times I've gone there I have had to wait over an hour and 15 minutes (no apologies, no excuses). The first time he spent about 10 minutes with me. The second time I had a lot of questions and he did take the time to explain in detail. I am not ready to do the hand surgery yet, but if or when I do, I feel pretty confident about having him do it. They really need to get more efficient at scheduling appointments in that office. My time is important, too.

THANK YOU!!!! show details THANK YOU!!!!
Sep 18th, 2012

After multiple surgeries to my left arm and hand and yet still being in relentless pain, my frustration level was at its limit (to say the least!) After seeing countless doctors who could not determine how to treat me, I was guided to HSS and found Dr. Lee. He performed surgery to my left hand (a third surgery here) and I am beyond thrilled that there is no more nerve pain!! I truly felt hopeless at times with the relentless pain....but now I am so grateful for this successful surgery!! My highest regards and recommendations to a wonderful surgeon!Again, a million thanks!!

Aug 25th, 2012

I can't say enough about Dr. Lee. Being a registered nurse and being well acquainted with a variety of doctors Dr. Lee rates the highest. His bedside manner and most important his expertise is unbeatable. AS for his office manager Tom Schlik in making my appointments with ease was unbelievable! What an asset to HSS! There is no other doctor that I would recommend more highly than Dr. Lee for carpal tunnel problems.

Aug 2nd, 2012

Dr Lee is one of the greatest doctors I have ever seen. After eighteen months of being told repeatedly by doctors in my home state that my elbow tendon problems weren't serious and they wouldn't give me an MRI or do surgery, in desperation I contacted the Hospital for Special Surgery and got Dr Lee's name. His amazing office manager Tom was incredibly helpful in getting everything all set up for me to come in for surgery from New Mexico and do it in the most efficient use of time possible. My entire experience, from the first email to Tom all the way through the surgery, the followups, and the fact that Dr Lee returned phone calls at ungodly hours on a holiday weekend!!, was amazing. Dr Lee is kind, understanding, and really listens to everything you say. From screaming in pain every time I tied a shoe, I've gone back to living a normal life without pain. I can't recommend Dr Lee highly enough and I am so grateful to him.

The best possible experience in a difficult situation (after a very bad ER experience) show details The best possible experience in a difficult situation (after a very bad ER experience)
Jul 5th, 2012

I suffered a complex dislocation of my left pinky finger on the basketball court and was transported via ambulance to the Cornell-Presbyterian hospital, where I felt largely ignored and had to make the proactive effort to get a doctor to my room on two occasions during a six-hour ER visit. The doctors seemed courteous and competent, just not very attentive ... even thought there didn't seem to be many patients needing care. To make matters worse, I was given Cornell-related numbers for follow-up care and possible surgery. Unbelievably, I was told that the soonest they could get me in for an appointment was 6 to 7 weeks away ... huh?!!The reason I provide this horrific context is because, once I expressed my extreme displeasure, I was referred to doctors at the the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) and scheduled an appointment with Dr. Steve Lee ... where my experience was completely different (in an extremely positive way). I contacted his office staff who let me know that he had not planned to be in that afternoon, but - based on my description of the injury and the fact that I am a musician whose hands/fingers are crucially important to my well-being (and the treatment I had received at Cornell) - he felt that I needed to be seen right away, so asked that I be put on the books for that very afternoon. After carefully examining my injury, he scheduled me for surgery the next morning. In contrast to my "unbelievable" assessment (very negative) of the Cornell ER experience, I felt that this scheduling was "unbelievable" in the most positive way ever ... it was clearly evident that this doctor and his staff were interested in caring for me in the manner that would best serve my needs and were willing to make every effort to ensure that is what happened! In fact, during that surgery, he found numerous pieces of "debris" and a piece of gravel ... as a result, waiting the 6 to 7 weeks Cornell offered would have been very dangerous to my health and could have resulted in significant infection or other complications.Though I would not wish the injury I experienced on my worst enemy, should such an injury occur to anyone I know, I will STRONGLY recommend the HSS services in general; and Dr. Lee specifically. It is now just over three weeks after the accident, and physical therapy (also at HSS) has improved the mobility of my finger substantially. I have no doubt that, within the coming weeks, I will recover most of the injured finger's dexterity ... and, with continuing work, will eventually recover fully. This is largely due to the care and timely help of Dr. Lee and HSS. Thank you for ALL that you have done for me!!

Joint Replacement show details Joint Replacement
May 31st, 2012

Very caring and friendly, diagnosed my situation and suggested ways to deal with it. I chose to have surgery for a joint replacement for my ring finger, left hand.He scheduled mt surgery for the following week, nurses, hospital staff, operating room staff, recovery room staff and Dr. Lee all were 100% on top of things.Surgery Went well, no pain during or after.I couldn't ask for a better experience as far as having surgery. Was Told By 3 different doctors that there was nothing that could be done to help the finger, which would not bend, due to me dislocating it 6 months prior. Dr. Lee disregarded this and performed the surgery to my full satisfaction and have the use of my finger again. Great Job Dr. Lee

Caring and responsive staff and doctor ~ unlike any I have experienced and I would know! show details Caring and responsive staff and doctor ~ unlike any I have experienced and I would know!
Mar 28th, 2012

Let me preface this by saying that I have had 8 Right ankle surgeries and have had 3 different orthopedic surgeons. While I have nothing bad to say about the other two, Dr Lee far exceeds them with an obvious compassion that leaves you with a deep sense of comfort. I have had multiple surgeries putting in and removing hardware but after 2 nerve releases and still being in terrible nerve pain, I have never had my quality of life be as poor and depressing as it was before I met Dr Lee. While I was terrified he wouldn't be able to help me, I was confidant that he would do everything he could and really felt like he had something invested in it going well. I had a neurolysis nerve wrap with Dr Lee and my other orthopedist at HSS on 2.21.2012 and I am still recovering but I no longer spend the majority of my days crying in pain. I couldn't possibly recommend him any higher. I cannot close without expressing my deepest appreciation for his staff. My very first phone call with Tom, his office manager, was amazing and completely unlike any I have had with any doctor's staff. He was kind and interested in my story and went to great lengths (really, I can't even explain all that he did for me) to be sure I got to see Dr Lee and that Dr Lee had all my records and my history. He continued to really be the person to coordinate the schedule of 2 very busy surgeons, make sure everything was in order and that my surgery was scheduled as soon as possible. The people that work in doctor's offices are just never this good. They are never this kind, caring and frankly good at their jobs.

Wrist Reconstruction show details Wrist Reconstruction
Aug 5th, 2011

Basically, Dr. Lee saved my life as I now live it. I'm an avid cyclist, skier, and hiker and at age 61 I broke my wrist mountain biking in Boulder, CO. It was an awful break with an equally horrible second opinion telling me I didn't require surgery. By 12 weeks I knew something was terribly wrong and was lucky enough to get an appointment with Dr. Lee in NYC for a consult. I travel to NYC 3 or 4 times/year for work and this was one of those times. He immediately diagnosed my wrist as improper bone healing, ligament damage, deformation and suggested surgery either back in Colorado or with him. I realized rather quickly that there was only one doctor I would trust to fix me and that was Dr. Lee. I flew back to NY 2 weeks later for surgery at HJD. I am now 2 weeks post op with followup in Boulder and my wrist is anatomically correct with minimal swelling. The pins will come out in 3 months and full activity for next year's biking season. Dr. Lee did a scapholunate ligament repair, carpal tunnel release, bone graft to correct the distal radius and plates to stabilize the reconstruction. When I saw my wrist 1 week post op I cried. Dr. Lee put his arm around me and said he'd rather see tears of joy than tears of pain. I thank him from the bottom of my heart. No one could have done what he did for me.He explained everything to me in detail even while in the hospital waiting for anesthesia. I don't think "rush" is in his vocabulary. The office staff is incredible even at his new location at HSS. If you need hand surgery, there is no other.

May 21st, 2011

Dr. Lee is one of the best doctors I have ever seen! His office staff have been professional, competent, friendly, supportive and clearly explained the procedure and what to expect in recovery. Dr. Lee performed surgery on my left wrist and I'm still in process of healing, but it's only question of time. Pain's gone! He has my highest gratitude, and I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone looking for the best hand specialist there is.

Customer Service Skilled Doctor= Happy Patient show details Customer Service Skilled Doctor= Happy Patient
Apr 1st, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Lee.My diagnosis was explained and prior to surgery I understood my treatment options. The entire team at E38th st made me feel that I was in good hands.

The nature of a therapeutic alliance and why it matters show details The nature of a therapeutic alliance and why it matters
by Dr. Tony Vernillo on Feb 17th, 2011

A therapeutic alliance between a patient and physician happens only when that physician takes the time to listen and explain what is going on. That engenders trust. I am thrilled to be one of Dr. Steve Lee's patients. In this age of turnstile medicine, Dr. Steve Lee is truly a very rare and wonderful find.

Fantastic Indeed show details Fantastic Indeed
Oct 21st, 2010

I was recommended to Dr Lee and told he was one of the best hand doctors available. He certainley took his time to diagnose my problem and I could tell he was very proficient. I decided that I would go ahead with my hand repair and IM delighted to report that, so far so good. He did a great job of repairing my hand and really took the time to do it right. Both the doctor and his staff were great and I would reccomend them to anyone.

carpal tunnel/trigger thumb experience show details carpal tunnel/trigger thumb experience
by Erica Freeman on Oct 15th, 2010

Dr. Lee did surgery on one one of my hands for carpal tunnel and a trigger thumb. Although this surgery is very common, I felt that anything involving hands should be carefully researched; after some internet sleuthing I chose Dr. Lee and his practice. I got a VERY successful surgical outcome and a doctor who is kind, involved, supremely skillful and a good listener. I would also like to commend Tom Schalk, his practice manager, who was very helpful in setting up appointments etc. My surgery was done at the NYU-Langone ambulatory surgery center on 38th St. This is a new facility and very efficient at getting patients in and out as quickly as possible, so you don't have to hang around! I recommend Dr. Lee and his associates unreservedly.

Jul 25th, 2010

I evaluated a number of hand surgeons before undertaking surgery for severed tendons on my dominant hand. The result of my surgery is outstanding. From having had no use of my right hand other than thumb motion, I now have full use with no lingering dysfunction or pain. Dr. Lee was accurate in his diagnosis, superb in terms of surgical skill, he was prompt for appointments and very caring. I could not have received better care, including the rehabilitation that he prescribed.

Exceptional physician show details Exceptional physician
by Grace Dewey on Jun 15th, 2010

My experience 2 years ago when Dr. Lee performed surgery on my right hand was so successful that I will return for surgery on my left hand this year. Dr. Lee has always been knowledgeable and patient in explaining the procedure and what to expect in recovery. I am extremely grateful to him. He and his staff were wonderful from beginning to end.

Jun 15th, 2010

My experiences with Dr. Lee from the first call to set up an appointment to the app't., surgery and post surgery has been amazing. Dr. Lee and his staff are professional, thorough, sensitive, helpful and accommodating. I can't say enough about this young, very accomplished doctor and his staff.

EXCEPTIONAL DOCTOR AND STAFF show details EXCEPTIONAL DOCTOR AND STAFF
by Christine Ang on Apr 27th, 2010

Dr. Lee and his staff were very professional, knowledgeable and conscientious. Dr. Lee's careful analysis of my condition demonstrated his expertise in his field. The staff was attentive to my questions and took great care in explaining the whole process to me. I couldn't ask for a better doctor and staff - they are a step above the rest. I highly recommend Dr. Lee to anyone who may need his services.

highly skilled doctor show details highly skilled doctor
Apr 22nd, 2010

We brought my young son who was in a lot of pain for an emergency appointment with Dr. Lee. We found Dr. Lee to be highly skilled, professional, and caring towards my son's needs. The entire staff as well was kind and helpful. Dr. Lee took care of the problem and followed up after the visit. We were very happy with Dr. Lee and highly recommend his practice.

A Sadistic Butcher show details A Sadistic Butcher
by John Waters on Apr 16th, 2010

He is only interested in making as much money as possible. He destroyed my hand and my arm, he never checked my medical records. He should be put in jail. He is rich and his doctor friends protect him. BEWARE!!! His office is like a factory, he sees patients quickly to make as much money as possible. He is evil and corrupt, he destroyed my health and he doesn't care. STAY AWAY! This man should have his medical license taken away.

Doctor's Response

Mr. Waters, I do not believe you are commenting on the correct Steve Lee. I have never treated you. Please note that there are 2 Steve Lee hand surgeons in New York City. I am Steve K. Lee at the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases.

Apr 12th, 2010

Dr. Lee and his office are absolutely wonderful. I wholeheartedly recommend their services to anyone in need.

Apr 7th, 2010

My experience was so positive that I sent a letter to Dr. Grossman to acknowledge it.

Excellent Dr. show details Excellent Dr.
by A Mom on Apr 3rd, 2010

I would recommend Dr. Lee to anyone that needed a hand surgeon. He is extremely competent..an excellent surgeon. His care and concern for his patients is exceptional. He takes a true interest and worries about his patients and will do whatever it takes of his time to insure a successful outcome.

Don't know where I'd be without Dr. Lee show details Don't know where I'd be without Dr. Lee
by Julie M. on Apr 2nd, 2010

I will always consider myself lucky that Dr. Lee was on call when I lost one of my fingers in a traumatic accident. Dr. Lee performed a series of masterful surgeries to reshape my hand such that the missing digit is now barely noticeable. I often get remarks from people at how incredible the result is. Throughout my treatment, Dr. Lee and his office staff have been professional, competent, friendly and supportive. The only downside of regaining the full use of my hand is that I don't have an excuse to see them as often.Dr. Lee is, quite simply, the best doctor I have ever seen. He has my highest praise, admiration and gratitude, and I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone looking for the best hand specialist there is.

Apr 1st, 2010

I do love dr. lee he took alot of time talking to me and my family helped me a lot He is doing the best he can to figure out my situation and helping me through it.This will take time and I know it can be done.

Mrs, Laurel Cody show details Mrs, Laurel Cody
Mar 31st, 2010

I have no problems with Dr.Lee and his staff. I have been received with courtesy and his staff members have gone well beyond some of staff I have met in other offices.

Mar 30th, 2010

Dr. Lee is extremely thorough and knowledgeable, and spent a lot of time with me which is very unusual for doctors these days. His bedside manner is unsurpassed.

Mar 30th, 2010

The appointment desk staff seems to be less caring than everyone else. They seem unnecessarily curt - and diminsh the positive impact that the rest of the practice delivers.

by Ronie Rivas on Mar 25th, 2010

My father shattered his wrist in 2008. Seemingly, it was beyond ever working normally ever again. Dr. Lee fixed it. To be quite frank I gained a bit of admiration for Dr. Lee; so much so that I never forgot him.

Mar 21st, 2010

Dr Lee did surgery on both of my hands. I acme to him in a lot of pain and now my hands are like new. He is not surgery happy. We tried the conservative approach first and that was not working. Thank you Dr Lee

Excellent care show details Excellent care
Mar 18th, 2010

Dr. Lee is kind, caring, and competent.I will refer anyone who needs hand or upper arm surgery to him!

Sports Injury show details Sports Injury
Mar 18th, 2010

Dr Lee saw me after I injured my thumb in a sports accident. After viewing my x-rays with me within 5 minutes of having them taken and explaining what he observed, he recommended a conservative non-surgical approach with an optional splint to allow healing with follow-up. I appreciate the time he took with me to explain "how the hand works" at a level that was easily understandable and allowed me to better understand my injury and how it would heal. His staff was pleasant and my wait time was minimal. I am happy to say that after a few months, my hand was able to heal without surgical intervention and I have full function and mobility again. I have highly recommend Dr Lee to friends with both sports injuries and non-sport related hand problems.

Sep 18th, 2009

I was 22 when I got what was basically a double surgery from Dr. lee on my arm and wrist due to a sports injury. The one surgery went well but he did not need to do the second surgery. As a young athletic girl, he should have left it alone or try and repair it, or give me options to do so, rather than go in and do nothing but create scar tissue that was not there to begin with. Now that it is after the fact, I see that he just wanted to throw another surgery in there, most likely for the money. I have never been the same after the surgery. The one he did properly, the other did not need to be done at all. Now for the rest of my life I will have problems and I will never be the same person. I would highly reccomend using another surgeon, also one who spends more than 5 minutes with you after a two and a half hour wait.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that there are two hand surgeons named "Steve Lee" practicing in the New York area, and I believe this comment was left on my profile in error. I do not believe I operated on a patient with the injury and surgery as described. I do not perform unnecessary surgeries and I do follow my patients' outcomes carefully. I spend on average more than 20 minutes seeing new patients; any nurse, medical assistant, resident, or fellow who have worked with me can attest to that. I am constantly monitoring front office phone reception and office wait times, and diligently review office flow and timing issues with my office manager. If this comment was not left in error, please contact my office to arrange for a visit so that we can review your outcome.