Steve Lee Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad

April 29th, 2017

Great Doctor & Staff

I broke my hand snowboarding, and required surgery to reset the bone. Dr. Lee was easy to deal with, to the point, and seemingly spot on in his diagnosis and treatment. The whole process (visits, surgery, recovery) was very clear cut and easy to manage. I strongly recommend Dr. Lee.

March 18th, 2017

Wonderful Surgeon

I injured my wrist over 3 years ago and was seen by 5 different doctors an even had arthroscopic surgery which was unsuccessful. Thankfully, I found Dr. Lee who operated on me in November. He fixed my wrist and gave me my life back!!! I am grateful beyond words. It was a complicated surgery but very successful. Prior to the surgery, he carefully explained the problem to us in a way I could understand. He is an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend him.

September 20th, 2016

Dr. Lee performed reconstructive surgery to repair a completely torn ligament in my wrist. Following his diagnosis, he very clearly set out all of my options with their respective pros/cons. He described in detail (multiple times) the different surgical options, including a relatively new procedure that he was on the forefront of developing and performing. He ended up using that new surgical procedure as I was a suitable candidate for it. Nine months later I was back to all of my normal athletic activities, and am now completely asymptomatic, pain-free and actually stronger. I couldn't recommend Dr. Lee more. Besides being an outstanding surgeon at the top of his field (the doctor I met with for a 2nd opinion actually knew Dr. Lee and told me I could not do better!), he takes his time to communicate thoroughly and clearly, is available to address any concerns and is a pleasure to deal with.

August 20th, 2016

Steven K Lee

Dr Lee had his PA remove my stitches after my Ulnar Nerve Transposition. My incision was not closed. I questioned her and was told it would have to heal from inside. I spent a week bandageing my arm 6 times a day it because the four inch open incision would leak thru. My surgery had to be repeated. Now i have so much pain. Worse than ever.i can no longer use my right hand. I was a Master Automobile Tech now its only on paper. Now i cant work. Now i lost my job. Now i am waiting for a decision on SS Disability. And now my home is heading into forclosure. Thanks Dr Lee

October 14th, 2015

Top notch

The best I can say is that each time I have visited Dr. Lee, always with simple problems, I have heard other patients praising him for dealing with complicated issues or for correcting problems that previous doctors didn't help.

August 26th, 2015

Such a professional!

I took my pregnant wife to Dr. Lee for her three broken fingers on her left hand. She was uncomfortable with her previous doctor. So I made a research for the best Hand Surgeon in town to get a second opinion, and found Dr. Lee. It seemed harder to make an appointment within next three days, but when I explained the situation on the phone, his team let us examined by him in 2 days. He is so professional. Made life so easy for us with his approach, and outstanding knowledge and attention to details. He immediately noticed more fractures our previous doctor missed. You most likely cannot die because of a hand injury. But if you would like to be able to use your injured hand like nothing happened after healing, I don't think there is a better Doctor you can go. Thank you Dr. Lee.

June 2nd, 2015

Dr. Lee is a brilliant surgeon and physician. We were referred to him to handle a complex nerve injury and he was able to give us hope when we had none. He has shown our family the greatest compassion and guided us through two surgeries and post op care. We recommend with 5 stars and more with no reservations. We are so lucky that he is handling our case His office office manager and all of his staff are also incredibly professional and helpful.

October 30th, 2014

Not a memorable experience,

After reading many of the wonderful reviews, I looked forward to meeting with Dr. Lee after injuring my hand. Following a three hour wait in the office, along with a packed waiting room of equally unhappy patients, I was finally examined for approximately five minutes, asked few questions and told that there did not seem to be a fracture, though the results of an x-ray in the ER two weeks pror revealed a fracture. I was then sent on my merry way with the suggestion that I could take Tylenol for the pain. In the weeks that followed, as my function decreased and the pain woke me through the night, I requested having an MRI. Dr Lee read the MRI and disagreed with the radiology report which indicated the presence of two ligament tears and, despite my extreme discomfort, recommended Motrin following another five minute cursory exam and off he went. This might be your guy if you have extreme damage and require hours of interesting surgery, however, anything less major will likely not hold his attention long enough for you to formulate a question.

October 16th, 2014

Dr Steve Lee is One-of-a Kind

Dr Steve Lee's reputation as a gifted surgeon precedes him. I was so grateful that somehow he managed to fit me into his very busy schedule almost immediately. I had been rushed to our local hospital in the country post accident; despite their excellent reputation for their Orthopedic Department, I was convinced that my condition had been misdiagnosed in the ER. Unfortunately, I was correct. Dr Lee and his team treat the whole person not just the body. I appreciated how accessible and generous he was with his time answering all my questions (and my husband's), calming my fears, showing me my x-rays, patiently explaining my condition as well as the necessary treatment and prognosis clearly and concisely in language I could actually understand. Several friends of mine had also been treated for a radial wrist fracture. Years later their scars looked quite fresh.I had many complications with my ulna. Nevertheless it took my friends respectively more than a year to partially recover; whereas I am fully recuperated in a little more than six weeks just as he had predicted. Dr Lee is truly the best!

August 10th, 2014

Glomus Tumor

For the past ten years I experienced pain in my thumb when I bumped it. Over time, the pain increased until it became constant and a red line developed under the nail. Having banged my thumb many times on the faucet while washing my face, I simply passed this redness over as a small collection of blood, or a bruise. However, a growing intensity of pain alarmed me. I could no longer place my hand in cool water and I needed to wear two gloves on my right hand in the winter. The turning point came when even lightly tapping my thumb against something caused agonizing pain. This happened frequently as I am a pre-school teacher. At times I wanted to scream out loud, but of course I couldn't in a classroom of four year olds. Fed up with the pain and the constant awareness that I had to protect my thumb, I researched my problem on the Internet, and was surprised to find others with similar symptoms, two of which being paroxysmal pain and sensitivity to cold. Reading further, I concluded that I had a glomus tumor. I knew that it had to come out and that I needed a hand surgeon. When I read about Dr. Lee, I felt a sense of relief, but I also felt that my "little thumb" was too small a task for a man with his expertise in performing complex surgeries. I was afraid that he might not even see me. Boy was I wrong! Dr. Lee treated me with seriousness and concern. Having seen glomus tumors before, he understood the intensity of their pain. A date was scheduled for surgery, but shortly after the initial visit, when the pain made it impossible for me to sleep, Dr. Lee offered to do the surgery sooner rather than later, even after normal working hours. However, this became unnecessary because of another patient's cancellation. The operation itself went very well. The large glomus tumor was removed and for the first time in years I was free of its horrible pain. It has been seven weeks since the surgery and my thumb is returning to normal. I am so grateful to Dr. Lee. I also wish to commend the staff at HHS for their professionalism and attentiveness. This includes the people who work in Dr. Lee's office as well as the pre-op and recovery room staff. At the Hospital for Special Surgery I was always treated as a person and not simply as a patient.

December 2nd, 2013

Compartment Syndrome

I went to Dr. Lee after having two fasciotomies in both of my forearms after being diagnosed with compartment syndrome. My previous surgeon had claimed that there were no other options and that I would have to deal with the pain, until I met with Dr. Lee who told me he could help. Dr. Lee told me that there was no guarantee that he could stop the pain, but that he would try and do whatever he could to figure out what was wrong. After he performed my third surgery, I woke up and he told me he found several tight tendons remaining in my forearms and that he released them. I haven't had any pain since this surgery! The scar is a very large zig-zag down my entire forearm, but unlike my previous doctors who were more concerned about cosmetics Dr. Lee insisted that it was more important to stop the pain rather than worrying about a scar. Every member of his staff that I worked with was incredibly patient and was willing to listen to everything I had to say. They were thorough in ruling out any other possible problem such as nerve damage, tendonitis, and so on. Dr. Lee was positive and always thorough when discussing my surgery. The nurses and staff made me feel so comfortable on the day of my surgery and I was able to walk into the operating room without being nervous or scared. Although the hospital is rather large and can be confusing to navigate, every staff member friendly and willing to help you get to where you needed to be. I've recommended HSS (and Dr. Lee) to everyone I know!

November 5th, 2013

Most amazing dr. Would recommend him to everyone

I went to dr lee after having surgery by another dr. Who was awful. Dr. Lee saw me & before just cutting into me he made me do a series of tests to be thorough. (Something my other dr. didn't ) after all the tests it was confirmed that I needed more surgery. All I can say is dr. Lee was & is amazing & compassionate. He explained everything thoroughly & made me feel like I was in the right hands. I have never felt so at ease with a dr. like I do with dr. Lee. He did the surgery & did such an amazing job that you can hardly notice that he cut open almost my entire hand. He is caring & takes the time to sit with you & is just a wonderful man. Not only would I recommend him to everyone, I wish he was a general dr as well, because I love how he treats you.