Dr. Steven Teynor MD Patient Reviews

4.7
  • 11 reviews

no change

September 16th, 2016
I can't say enough good things about Dr Teynor. I like him even better now that he has his own practice, he's more relaxed. He has really gone out of his way to treat me even though I have extreme medication sensitivity. I always believed me even with most doctors don't . He is clinical but also explains things very well and is good at treating the whole person. I can seriously skip going to a holistic doctor, he seems to know about all of it. I am so glad I started going to him 3 years ago, he is the type of doctor that uses whatever methods work.

April 21st, 2015
He helps you understand WHY!!!!

September 11th, 2014
Betrayed my trust in him
I've been seeing Dr. Teynor for more than 8 yrs. He has been helping me with my depression & I've always been very pleased with my treatment & felt that he valued me as a patient.....until my last visit. I had previously missed an appointment about a month ago. When I went to my next appointment, the very first thing I did was apologize to him for missing my last appointment. He went off like a rocket. Telling me that there is no excuse for me missing my appointment & continued to tell me how I don't appreciate him as a doctor and mentioned almost threatening me that maybe I should go to another doctor. He also proceeded to tell me how he looses money when I don't show up. Which was a complete accident & not intentional. All of a sudden I knew I was no longer important to him. Just someone to get money from. Because that's more important than helping a person who has tried to attempted suicide & has been suffering for years. I've never felt so belittled and hurt by a doctor that I have trusted for years. I've seen a good share of doctors in the past & I have NEVER been treated so badly & hurtful before. I have decided to switch to another doctor. I don't deserve this type of treatment. Isn't it his job to HELP someone with depression? Not to make it worse. I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM.

May 7th, 2013
An exceptional Doctor.
Dr. Teynor is truly an exceptional doctor as well as being an exceptional person. He is someone that has helped me so much by asking me to take ownership of my health and well being. He gets it! I have been to many doctors over the years and they put me on one drug after another which in a lot of cases made things worse and was hurting my body. When I went to Dr. Teynor, we cleaned the slate. I started to pay attention to eating good food, to exercise and to meditate. He in turn, knew how to treat me with medications that helped me the most. I appreciate his no nonsense approach. He listened to me and expects his patients to listen to him!

July 2nd, 2012
Mrs. R
Dr. Teynor diagnosed and treated my depression a few years ago. In my opinion, Dr. Teynor is a professional who takes his work in mental health care very seriously. I recommend him highly and would see him in the future if necessary. His treatment method focuses on the "whole" individual...helping the entire person....mind, body, spirit/soul.

May 22nd, 2012
I love Dr Teynor. If YOU are willing to put in the effort to get healthy then this is the dr for you. He will always be very straight forward and honest with you but is very knowledgable and skilled at what he does. I would and do recommend him for anyone interested in seeing a psychiatrist. He has help me as well as some of my family and friends.

November 27th, 2011
Excellent rapport. Helped with medication management to mitigate my diagnosis. Listens to base needs to reduce medication needed to reduce symptoms caused by underlying problem.

October 27th, 2011
Dr. Teynor has kept me out of the hospital and safe in my life. I simply owe him my life. He is bold with his diagnoses and elegant with the proper medication needed. I would - and have - referred him to anyone close to me in my life.

September 5th, 2011
Great advocate for my well being
Dr. Teynor took initiative with my primary diagnosis. After his initial advocacy we now work as a team for my well-being. My experience with Dr. Teynor has been remarkable. I didn't think I would feel like this again. Thank you Dr. Teynor!

September 5th, 2009
Nice
He acts like he likes me and trusts me which is a switch. I am a very good patient but it seems that every psychiatrist I go to thinks I am a drug addict looking either for a fix or to sue him. He is no nonsense and gets the job done and is very pleasant.

July 27th, 2009
He is an excellent doctor, in more ways than one!