Psychiatrists

1225 E Fort Union Blvd
Ste 215
Midvale, UT 84047
801-233-4200
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Betrayed my trust in him  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Teynor for more than 8 yrs. He has been helping me with my depression & I've always been very pleased with my treatment & felt that he valued me as a patient.....until my last visit. I had previously missed an appointment about a month ago. When I went to my next appointment, the very first thing I did was apologize to him for missing my last appointment. He went off like a rocket. Telling me that there is no excuse for me missing my appointment & continued to tell me how I don't appreciate him as a doctor and mentioned almost threatening me that maybe I should go to another doctor. He also proceeded to tell me how he looses money when I don't show up. Which was a complete accident & not intentional. All of a sudden I knew I was no longer important to him. Just someone to get money from. Because that's more important than helping a person who has tried to attempted suicide & has been suffering for years. I've never felt so belittled and hurt by a doctor that I have trusted for years. I've seen a good share of doctors in the past & I have NEVER been treated so badly & hurtful before. I have decided to switch to another doctor. I don't deserve this type of treatment. Isn't it his job to HELP someone with depression? Not to make it worse. I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM.

|  An exceptional Doctor.  |  show details
by Debra on May 7th, 2013

Dr. Teynor is truly an exceptional doctor as well as being an exceptional person. He is someone that has helped me so much by asking me to take ownership of my health and well being. He gets it! I have been to many doctors over the years and they put me on one drug after another which in a lot of cases made things worse and was hurting my body. When I went to Dr. Teynor, we cleaned the slate. I started to pay attention to eating good food, to exercise and to meditate. He in turn, knew how to treat me with medications that helped me the most. I appreciate his no nonsense approach. He listened to me and expects his patients to listen to him!

|  Mrs. R  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2012

Dr. Teynor diagnosed and treated my depression a few years ago. In my opinion, Dr. Teynor is a professional who takes his work in mental health care very seriously. I recommend him highly and would see him in the future if necessary. His treatment method focuses on the "whole" individual...helping the entire person....mind, body, spirit/soul.

May 22nd, 2012

I love Dr Teynor. If YOU are willing to put in the effort to get healthy then this is the dr for you. He will always be very straight forward and honest with you but is very knowledgable and skilled at what he does. I would and do recommend him for anyone interested in seeing a psychiatrist. He has help me as well as some of my family and friends.

Nov 27th, 2011

Excellent rapport. Helped with medication management to mitigate my diagnosis. Listens to base needs to reduce medication needed to reduce symptoms caused by underlying problem.

Oct 27th, 2011

Dr. Teynor has kept me out of the hospital and safe in my life. I simply owe him my life. He is bold with his diagnoses and elegant with the proper medication needed. I would - and have - referred him to anyone close to me in my life.

|  Great advocate for my well being  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2011

Dr. Teynor took initiative with my primary diagnosis. After his initial advocacy we now work as a team for my well-being. My experience with Dr. Teynor has been remarkable. I didn't think I would feel like this again. Thank you Dr. Teynor!

|  Nice  |  show details
by JMW on Sep 5th, 2009

He acts like he likes me and trusts me which is a switch. I am a very good patient but it seems that every psychiatrist I go to thinks I am a drug addict looking either for a fix or to sue him. He is no nonsense and gets the job done and is very pleasant.

Jul 27th, 2009

He is an excellent doctor, in more ways than one!