Obstetrician-Gynecologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  the worst doctor in nyc  |  show details
by a loving mother on Dec 15th, 2014

tamila selitsky is a horrible nasty doctor we spent 3 visits with her then relized that if you are not russian she will treat you horribly . i dont know how someone like this even allowed to practice medicine

|  Dr. Selitsky is wonderful  |  show details
by Older gal on Oct 29th, 2014

This was my first visit and I am an anxious patient. I found Dr. Selitsky and her staff to be courteous and professional but at the same time warm and welcoming. Her spacious new facility is clean and beautifully appointed. If her medical expertise is even half as good as her bedside manner, then I am lucky, indeed, to have found her.

|  Stay away !!! Dr selitsky is the worst doctor ever  |  show details
by Mother of sorrows on Jul 29th, 2014

First off tamila selitsky ( I won't even give her the title of a dr ) is a horrible 3rd world country educated dr. She does not care about you or your baby . She does not care if you baby lives or dies all she cares about is your money and billing the heck outta your insurance . Dr selitsky has technicians that are illegal aliens at her office from Russia that are not certified and will treat you like a animal . Make you wait for hours and act like she is doing you a favour by even speaking to you for 2 mins . She is rude and nasty and unprofessional . She will never explain any procedures to you or answer your question . Heads up she is a D.O. ( not even a dr that went to medical school they go to some technical college to get their license !!!)

|  patient  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2014

I don't like my GYN visits at all. But I would say she is a good doctor. My annual was fine, informative and quick. All questions were answered. No unnecessary testing offered or done. Everything went easy way.

|  The worst doctor ever  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2014

Dr setlitsky is a horrible doctor she treats her patients like animals and only cares about money , she has horrible bed side manner and dosnt care abt you or your baby she is rude and nasty and she have her license revoked

|  Very Caring Dr.  |  show details
by Bayridge on Nov 19th, 2013

Love the fact that she's a women. So she was very caring. Clean office. All the girls were very nice. Would recommened to friends.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2013

I can't thank Dr. Tamila Selitsky enough for taking such good care of me during both of my pregnancies. Dr. Selitsky is extremely professional, thorough and caring and is definitely someone you would want by your side throughout your pregnancy and delivery. I truly believe that my first pregnancy would have ended up in a C section if not for Dr. Selitsky who literally didn't leave my bed side and coached me through the entire process. Dr. Selitsky is one of a few doctors who cares more about her patient's well being than making a profit and that's rare.

Sep 11th, 2013

She is the best doctor in Brooklyn. She would always spend as much time with you as you needed it and would answer all the question related to your condition. She really cares for patient well being. She is the doctor patient can trust.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2013

Dr. Selitsky is great! Very easy to schedule an appointment with her and staff is very friendly. Dr. Selitsky is very knowledgable and helpful. I am very happy with her as my doctor.

|  Best OBGYN in Brooklyn!  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2013

Dr. Selitsky is hands down the best OBGYN in Brooklyn! She makes patients feel comfortable in her office and is always polite and respectful! She answers all questions thoroughly and spends enough time with you for you to know what's going on. Plus, her office is GORGEOUS and brand new! She has great and friendly staff as well. I highly recommend Dr. Selitsky to anyone looking for an OBGYN. I have never met a more caring doctor!

Aug 12th, 2013

She is Great! Best doctor who really cares!

|  STAY AWAY  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2013

please stay away from the doctor! She is by far the worst docotr i had ever met in my life! she checked me for about 2 minutes and decided that i needed surgery! And when I asked questions about the surgery she was as RUDE as can be! Afte rthat i didnt agree to surgery and left the office and went to another doctor for a second opinion , THANK GD i did! Tamila Selistsky was wrong , i needed NO surgery! i dont even know how this doctor got her licence! she is HORRIBLE!

|  Think Twice  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Selitsky was not very good. I saw her for a second opinion. She was late that morning. The history taking part of the exam was fine. When I got into the exam room, she rushed in, tore my gown open and did a breast exam. She then immediately began the pelvic exam, and abruptly kept pushing my legs apart. Then her cell phone range. While I lay on the table with my legs in the stirrups, and no longer having a gown to cover my exposed self with, she had a conversation with Alex (I assume her husband or son). I just laid there and let it all hang out. I never went back. Perhaps she treats her Russian clients with more respect.

|  The best doctor in the WORD!!!!  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2012

Dr. Selitsky saved my life. I went into the ER after having pain for a few days. They did some blood tests and ultrasound and realized I needed to be rushed to surgery. Dr. Selitsky came in and explained what was going to happen. She was totally calm and assured me I would be fine. I found out later how serious it was and was thankful that she was so confident in herself and that she kept me calm.

|  Quick and cold service, my questions were unanswered  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2012

I just had an anual appointment with this doctor and I can honestly say I had a better experience at planned parenthood. I was completely uncomfortable with the Dr herself. she came in and introduced herself coldly before sitting down with her back to me (making ZERO eye contact) while she quickly ran through some basic questions. When I asked her about heavy blood clots during my period she asked me no follow up questions and told me I should assume it will be fine if my period lasts only 7 days. Also she gave me an unnecessary sonogram which cost me an addition 25$ worth of copay for no reason. It was uncomfortable, fast, and impersonal, I expect more from an OBGYN. To be fair her nurses and secretaries were efficient and much warmer than she was.

|  first visit  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

Not a very good doctor. Very judgmental, asked me how old i was and when hearing that I was 20 assumed that I was either married or promiscuous- neither of which is true. Did not explain things to me, had me do a bone density scan and other stupid procedures that I did not need at my age just to rip money off my insurance. Terrible doctor

Mar 6th, 2012

Dr. Selitsky is top notch. I'm so happy she was my doctor during the pregnancy period. She is knowledgeable, kind and and respectful.

|  She was great.  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2012

Dr. Selitsky has been my OB Gyn since I was very young. I have trusted her through two pregnancies and value her judgment and opinions. There was a time when I had complications during my first pregnancy and she was so reassuring that I will never forget. She was great in getting me to be pro active in my own care. I would highly recommend her and her entire staff to any woman looking for a doctor who truly cares.

|  I did and I was back to normal in a couple months.  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2012

When my period ceased, I immediately thought what every young woman who wants children fears. Early menopause. I was very scared when I went to see Dr. Selitsky. She was very comforting and told me women come to her all the time with this and my fears were not justified. After some simple tests and questions about any changes in my lifestyle she determined that it was the increase in my workouts and running that was affecting my hormone levels. She suggested that I cut back on the physical activity. I did and I was back to normal in a couple months.

|  Not a good doctor  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2012

Every time I've been to her it's been a horrible experience. It is completely true as the other reviews here say. If you are non Russian speaking she treats you like crap, is not very good at communicating in a calm and understanding manner. I really don't understand how bad doctors like this keep existing and making money.

|  An Amazing Doctor  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2011

Dr. Selitsky is an amazing doctor! She is very professional and caring. The wait at the office was minimal and I am very satisfied with the treatment.

Nov 3rd, 2011

THE WORST!!! STAY AWAY!!! Absolutely horrible doctor. She is rude, and treats you like a piece of meat instead of a human being. The exam was very short and rushed, not to mention she is the total opposite of "gentle". I've never met anyone who is just so inconsiderate. She does not like questions. She has no manners. I do not speak Russian but clearly the Dr. needs some education in english and should understand certain medical concepts that I asked her. I have no idea how anyone can choose her to be their doctor. She is a money hungry physician who shouldn't be practicing. The whole office is a money making scheme. It was overpacked with patients and I had to wait over an hour and a half! My insurance was charged for a prescription that I never filled. I received a letter from my insurance company and called them right away to tell them it is completely fraudulent. Just unbelievable that doctors such as Tamila even exist!

Sep 10th, 2011

Dr. Selitsky, you shouldn't take personal phone calls while your patients are on the exam table, in stirrups with their breasts exposed. So unprofessional. I will never go back!!

|  wrong MD should be practicing in Antarctida  |  show details
May 17th, 2011

No idea what she is doing, wrong diagnoses, should be stripped off license

|  Horrified!  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2011

I am very upset with my entire experience with this doctor as well as her office and clinical staff. First off, every time I went in for an appointment I was greeted by them in the Russian language. I do not speak Russian however, they automatically assumed that I did. The exam was always short and not performed thoroughly. No explaination was ever given to me while she was speaking to her assitant in Russian and writing things down in my chart. When I would ask her questions she would just disreguard them. I had informed her of a family history and she had sent me for further testing. I was misdiagnosed and told that I needed to see a specialist without hesitation as I was in great danger. After seeing an amazing specialist, I was relieved to find out that I was fine. I called Dr. Selitsky back to inform her of her misdiagnosis and she responded by screaming at the top of her lungs to me. She told me that I should be thankful that I have a doctor like her. She also said, in these exact words,"No, you don't talk. I am the doctor!" After I heard these words I simply hung up the phone. I am glad that I will no longer be under her care. It seems to me to be an issue of prejudice. She is not interested in serving the non-Russian community.

|  Awesome Doctore!  |  show details
by Marina on Apr 5th, 2011

She has been my doctor for 2 years. She is very professional.She is always lisening you, suggests whats best for you personally. I had been under her prenatal and postnatal care, and gave a birth for my girl. It was the best expirience evere. I always know , I can ask her about any issue or health conserns , and she truly will care to answer. My best recomendations for this doctore!

|  Okay  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

I was scheduled to see Dr. Shifrin but they called me the day of the appointment and said that he had an emergency and that I will be seeing Dr. Selitsky, the MD was nice, she asked me several questions, listened to my problem and then took me to the examining room. There I started asking her questions regarding my problem, she answer my questions but at the end she said "why are you questioning my knowledge I know what i am doing", but all I was doing was trying to be more informed regarding my problem. this I did not like, she seemed to be insecure. this was all okay, but then the worst happened, after I was done the md states I need to go and speak to the office manager, there she informed me that this md is out of network and that in order for them to monitor me during my pregnancy I will need to pay $8,000 all in cash!!!!! no check or credit card. keep in mind that my insurance pays 50/50 for out of network md's. I was shocked and realized right there and then that they are money hungry, greedy obgyn office. to them money comes first and not my pregnancy.

|  This doctor is amazing!!!!!!! i give her 5  |  show details
by Marina Blyuzer on Nov 13th, 2010

Tamila Selitsky is a great doctor!!!!! I was under her care for 40 weeks and she delivered my baby!!!!! I give her 5 and very highly recomend her!!!!!!

|  Doesnot want talk with me after vizit  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2010

Dr assistent who did intro vaginal sonogram was very rough. after that I feeling pain inside 3-4 days

|  fraud  |  show details
May 27th, 2009

they just want your money!