3.0

Jun 11th, 2015

Love Dr. Lecher - he personally gets 5 star rating. He is very kind and understanding. Assistant Mae is awesome. The rest of the staff at the reception area are very unprofessional and nasty at times. Very rude on the telephone when trying to make an appt. You tell them you are sick and they give you an appt for 2 weeks later! Brought that to Dr. Lecher's attention and he took care of it.

Front desk mannerism needs tune-up. show details Front desk mannerism needs tune-up.
Mar 3rd, 2015

Only my second visit but very pleased with Dr.Lecher and his staff. Receptionist however could benefit from a refresher course in manners towards clients and needs to stop treating patients in a condescending manner.

Dr Lecher OK; Office Staff NOT OK show details Dr Lecher OK; Office Staff NOT OK
by Anonymous on Jan 15th, 2015

My mom injured her leg and needed to be seen by her Dr in order for Medicare to cover her need for a walker. This was my first time meeting Dr Lecher - who seemed very nice and attentive. However, Dr Lecher would not give my mom a same day appt. She had to go to the ProHealth walk in medical center and then got an appt with Dr Lecher for the next day. They wouldn't accommodate her preference in appt time. The office staff is neglectful and has terrible follow up skills - should I say no follow up skills. The office staff does not call you back when you leave a msg. My mom njured her leg a week ago and still doesn't have a walker. The office staff incorrectly advised me where to go to get a walker. They told me I can go to any hospital supply store - This is not true for Medicare patients. You have to use a Medicare Authorized Supplier. I found one in Bklyn who accept Medicare and will deliver the walker directly to my mom. It took Dr Lecher's office 3 days to respond to the paperwork the hospital supply store faxed to his office so the Medicare paperwork can be processed. Now, Dr Lecher responded that a walker is not a necessity. My mom called the office to have this corrected and was told that Dr Lecher is busy. She asked if the office can make this a priority to rectify. My mom has been stuck inside the house will probably have to pay out of pocket for this. I hope to find her a new primary Dr in the area, but it seems he's the best Howard Beach has to offer - which isn't saying much.

Very inconsiderate show details Very inconsiderate
Apr 23rd, 2014

My Dr. never came back after Hurricane Sandy and Dr. Lecher was referred to me by my son's pediatrician. Went to him for my annual physical/ppd for work. When going back 2 days later to have him read the ppd from my arm, make sure it's negative, he was with a patient, which I understand, but when he was done with that patient, I expected him to take the 5 seconds it would have taken for him to check my arm and sign off on the form. Instead, he called in the next patient. When I asked the receptionist if he could just look at my arm real quick because I had to get to work, they checked with him and he said he'll see me after the patient, 25 minutes later he got to me. Took all of 5 seconds. Inconsiderate!!!!

Avoid at all costs show details Avoid at all costs
by Anonymous on Jan 13th, 2014

I have to agree with the previous reviews. They called in the wrong high blood medication to my pharmacy, and now they won't call back to correct their errors. Getting an app't with him is like pulling teeth, and he is not even compassionate. Avoid him if you can. I do not recommend him at all, and there is no better doctor in my area.

Go Somewhere Else show details Go Somewhere Else
Dec 20th, 2013

Great for the common cold/flu/upper respiratory, but if you are really sick and need an immediate appointment, be prepared to beg and plead. Impossible to get medications for pain issues or anxiety disorders, so don't even ask, plus, you will get unwanted negative advice on prescriptions you already take from other doctors. Follow-up by staff on test results is like getting a gold bar out of Fort Knox, yet they are quick to let you know (audibly, body language) that you are annoying them. This office follows bankers hours so really - one is better off going somewhere else if there's a pressing health concern. Not really sure if there is even a hospital affiliation.

the dr sucks and his office staff just as bad does not like to write re show details the dr sucks and his office staff just as bad does not like to write re
Jun 24th, 2013

this dr sucks and his office staff is just as bad. have trouble getting referrals from him. he tells me its my job to get id #'s of the dr i want the referral for. the dr i want to see says its his job, aetna my medical care provider says it's his job. lecher is my primary care dr, but yet doesn't want to do his job. here i am suffering cause i cant get a referral to a specialist. what's next a lawyer. THE MAN SUCKS.

Quack in a box show details Quack in a box
Apr 25th, 2013

He gives you antibiotics for a cold! Ever since joining ProHealth Care, he has gotten more money hungry than ever! I remember getting allergy shots and they were not covered, and they just sent me a bill for $75, never telling me they weren't covered! And he charged me for an office visit as well. And the shots were helping me! Does not want to be bothered. Likes to scare you by asking dumb questions!