Internists

Astoria Healthcare Associates Llp
3010 38th St
Astoria, NY 11103
718-278-7200
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Over wait  |  show details
by Kathy on Feb 28th, 2013

Dr mastakouris has treated me and my husband for years..we love him but he needs to cut down the wait time you make appointment for one o'clock and he don't see you till four. very very overbooked i dont think he needs all of this..he takes walk ins..not such a good idea..people yelling cause they have to wait forever..four hours is a bit much..believe me i wait cause he is a good doctor could have just walked in. what is the sense for an appointment. He needs to have better organization. Some patients are in and out some take more time. That's why they are called appointments..he needs a better scheduling before he needs to see a doctor...they just flock in cause he is so good..

|  Thank you, Dr. Mastakouris  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

Dr. Mastakouris has a warm, concerned attitude. Returns phone calls promptly. He actually gets on the phone when you call - when have you last experienced that?! Up to date medical treatment. I disagree with other comments about the office staff. I have found them to be friendly and fit you in when you are ill with never a problem. His medical assistants are especially pleasant & efficient and have been with the doctor quite a few years. I have been to other doctors in big, fancy Manhattan offices and I prefer Dr. Mastakouris' honest caring medicine anyday. Frankly, he sees so many patients from the mildly sick to the gravely ill and he never loses this great quality - I don't know how he does it! Helpful Tip: If you really can't sit & wait for an hour to see the doctor, schedule ahead for an early morning appointment. :)

|  horrible wait and staff  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2011

I called and they told me to drop in the same day because the doctor was not very busy today; around 12 was fine. I called 15 minutes before going to see if there was going to be a long wait and they said, no, only two people. When I get there, they said the wait was an hour and a half and they don't know who talked to me. They said it's always like this. But they gave me the option to see another doctor who was free now. so they took my insurance information. After 20 minutes, they did not call me. I ask how much longer was it going to be and they said other forty minutes. I just left because I didn't have time for that. I can understand that one has to wait half an hour, or that it can be an hour if its a drop in, but they should warn you that, not say that it is going to be right away.

|  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

I called to be seen for an evaluation. After talking with him over the phone about my symptoms he made time in his busy schedule to fit me in. Great bedside manner. Have recommended him to my family.

|  Great Doctor, Office staff needs training  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Mastakouris for over 13 years and I am very happy with his service and professionalism. I have to say his front desk staff is very unprofessional and they need some serious training. They are rude and talk to patients in a rude manner as if they don't like their jobs. If the front desk staff treated patients with respect they would have an "A" rating.

|  Wait Time  |  show details
May 18th, 2011

He is a great doctor however the wait time is ridiculous. I have been to him many times through the years and the average wait time is 1:30 hours. Appointments mean nothing, people walk in and sign up and you are seen based on that list so your appointment means nada. I confirmed this with staff and the Dr. himself. His bedside manner is amazing but after an hour and and seeing some random people that came in after me be seen before me (this happened more than once), I'm looking for another doctor.

|  A wonderful Dr ,A warm and caring person.  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2011

Has been with me through some very very touch and go times saw me through the lot and more and I am alive and healthy because of him and the surgeon he recommened. I am beyond grateful and have the highest regard for him as a Dr and a person. Thank you Dr Mastakouris for eeverything.

|  AWESOME DOCTOR  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2010

OUT OF ALL THE DOCTORS IVE BEEN TO.HE IS THE SMARTEST AND NICEST DOCTOR.EVERY TIME IVE BEEN THERE AND I WAS SICK,HE KNEW WHAT I HAD AND CURED ME IN A MATTER OF 1 DAY WITH THE MEDICINE HE GAVE ME.ALSO 95% OF THE PATIENTS HE HAS SEEN,HE CURED THEM [INCLUDING ME].IN,MY OPPINION I RATE THIS DOCTOR 4 STARS.I RECCOMEND U SHOULD SEE HIM WHEN YOU R SICK.

|  He is a great md  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

He is a wonderful doctor. I went somewhere else because he was on vacation, BIG MISTAKE!

|  show details
Aug 22nd, 2010

Waited over an 1:30 hours to see doctor, while his staff knew I was in severe pain. I had to interrupt him in the hallway to see him. My diagnosis a mere UTI. thanks doc for the horrible wait in pain.

|  good care  |  show details
by Astoria on Nov 18th, 2009

My mom's primary care,he even visit her at the hospital in queens when she got sick and put in a recomendation to do some other tests at a manhattan hospital,my mom is happy with this doctor.

|  exelent doctor  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2009

a geat doctor that cares about you , he answers all your questions , he will spend alots of time with you , a very good person