Surgeons

11920 Astoria Blvd
Ste 390
Houston, TX 77089
281-922-1800
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Parent of injured athlete  |  show details
by Unhappy Customer on Jun 2nd, 2014

The physician seemed competent until after the surgery. In the hospital, a man put a hard-sale of an "ice" machine on my spouse. Apparently the doctor made money. Later, a homosexual physical therapist was used, which caused our son, then not a minor but still very young, to almost throw up. Again, the doctor suggested or agreed to the use of this particular therapist, at SE Memorial. That wasn't all. When we asked to come in for a script for a brace, the nurse said we would have no charge. The doctor later became enraged and claimed our family was "extorting" him to even date to suggest he would not charge us. He yelled and screamed on the phone. The staff is horrible. We can't even get the records. The billing department they used in Austin is also horrible. Negative experience. I wish this man would move out of our area ASAP.

|  Playing Golf Again  |  show details
by L.C. on Apr 8th, 2014

When I first visited Dr. Van Phan I did not know what to expect but over the time of my visit to the time of surgery I was always at ease and knew what was expected of me. I had a total rotator cuff and labrum surgery done and at age 56 I was back at golfing 18 holes at 5 months. Swing has never been better. He is the best at what he does. Excellent at his field, would recommend Dr. Phan to everyone.

|  Knee pain diagnosis / Treatment  |  show details
by Guyve on Feb 10th, 2014

Twisted my knee couple days ago and asked a friend of mine who is a professor for a referral . I already had previous surgery acl in Europe 20 years ago . So wasn't new for me. Got told Dr Van Phan is the best Ortho Doctor around , and I must say after visiting him i was impressed. The staff was very professional and courteous . They took x rays and 10 min later i had a visit with Dr Van Phan. He asked me about previous surgeries and discussed my options and treatment. Because i had previous surgeries on this knee i expected the worst ... He is going to give me surgery .... No not at all the case . He extracted excess fluids from knee and did proper treatment on it . I am able to walk again and i will have a follow up in 6 weeks. So relieved of stress and pain ! If you need an Ortho specialist i can say Dr Van Phan is the way to go !

|  Very Dis-satisfied  |  show details
by Stephen Pottinger on Jun 7th, 2013

Bad experience. All he wanted to do was operate. After getting second and third opinions I was told I didn't need surgery. Then he overcharged me for the office visit. He charged me for things he didn't do. When I disputed the charges, he simply sent my bill to a collection agency and now my credit has been damaged all because of his billing mistake. STAY AWAY!!!!!! If I could give NO STARS I would!

|  Dr Phan  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2013

Dr Phan is very unprofessional . He is rude to his surgery staff and belittles them in any way possible. Although we are all qualified adults if we do not move fast enough he goes into a screaming rage. I cannot understand how he can scream and still focus on the patient on the surgery table. I would never recommend him to anyone that I know or come across. I have been in the medical field for over ten years and I can honestly say he has an awful attitude and is very disrespectful.

|  Highly recommend!  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2012

Listened. Explained well. Surgery as last resort. Great care. Great manner, personable. Highly recommendPosted on 7/16/2012 3:24:43 AM

|  this is a good Christian Doctor, give him your blessing. He will pray with you and for his staff.  |  show details
May 5th, 2011

Dr. Phan and his staff are very efficient and professional. Ten to fifteen min wait to see him on appointment day. Will listen to what you say and give his opinion of your thoughts.He operated on my right shoulder and did a good job. Say what was wrong and corrected his procedures to op for the best results.He will now see me again for my Left shoulder to see if it also needs to be operated onThanks Dr. PhanKenneth F. Bartholomew

by Rheiner Dinges on Jan 3rd, 2011

First Visit took some time to get, but once in his system, visits and follow ups were handled very well. Work done was total tear repair of right shoulder rotator. Dr. had a very good bedside manner and easy to communicate with.

|  He's a quack!  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2010

Not even a real MD. He's an OD who tries to talk you into surgery.

May 11th, 2010

Doctor refuses to listen to my complaint after surgery. Doesn't listen at all to anything you have to say. He knows everything.

by teacompany on Aug 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Fell on shoulder 8/21/08, got into see him 8/25. MRI done 8/28. Dr. Phan had Rx'd 30 vicodin w/one refill for my pain (8 on a scale of 1-10), and I took 2 tabs every 6 hours for this awful pain. (On my Rx bottle, it said "take 1-2 tablets every 4 to 6

Read Full Review at citysearch.com