Dr. Vonda Wright Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vonda Wright?

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Vonda Wright?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2017

Cancer diagnoses?

I waited forever for this appointment. I got into the room and spent about an hour with a resident. Dr Wright came in with her sunglasses on and acted like I was wasting her time. She looked at my MRI for 2 minutes and said "I have never seen this cloudy island before. It might be cancer. I'm going to send your scan to an ortho oncologist and I'll let you know what he says in a few days. I had to call the office over a week later after I hadnt heard from her. She got on the phone and said "i told you i would call you back. its not cancer, but I can just take your bursa sac out" meanwhile the MRI showed a labral tear. I ended up going to a different doctor that said taking my bursa sac out would be useless since I clearly had a tear that needed to be repaired. We also asked him about the "cloudy island" and he said is just how it looks. Would steer anyone away from seeing Dr Wright.

December 11th, 2015

Extremely impressed

I've been treating with Dr. Wright for months and I've been blown away by her skill as a physician, her interactions with me as a patient which have always been attentive to my concerns and personable, and the efficiency of how her office operates. Any time I've called with questions or concerns about my condition my calls have been returned almost immediately which, in my experience is unheard of in the medical profession. I have the utmost trust and respect for her and her entire staff. I'm happy I made the decision to allow her to treat my shoulder which ultimately is going to require surgery.

October 26th, 2015

The best

Dr. Wright did surgery on my shoulder and I couldn't be happier with the results, both from the standpoint of the relief of my symptoms and her interactions with me as a patient. I have found her to be courteous, upbeat, motivating and generally concerned about me as a person, not just as another nameless , faceless patient. I've come across my share of arrogance with doctors both as a patient and in my career. I sensed none of that in Dr. Wright. Honestly, I'm perplexed by these reviews that portray Dr Wright as rude or uncaring. What she is is a doctor who cares about healthy living and she'll let you know about it in straight forward terms. For my money, that's what I want in a doctor. If I see a doctor, and I'm morbidly obese and that doctor tells me it's okay, I'd be looking for a new doctor. If you want a doctor to enable your unhealthy lifestyle, don't choose Dr. Wright. If you want to be treated by one of the top orthopedic surgeons in Pittsburgh, then she's an appropriate choice.

October 12th, 2015

Excellent orthopedic surgeon

Reading some of these reviews, I'm not sure some of these people treated with the same Dr. Wright that I did. I 'm treating with her for a torn rotator cuff and I've found her to be personable, informative and concerned about my condition. I'm hoping to avoid surgery but if I need it, she's the one I would trust to do it. As for these comments about a poor bedside manner, my experience was the exact opposite. If you want to be coddled, hire a baby sitter.

October 6th, 2015

she needs to learn some bedside manners. before she even knew why i was overweight she got on me worse then a mother and i am 56 so i am not a child and dont need to be treated like a child. when i told her what i had she wanted to know who told me that and i told my pcp and my test and then when i told her about something else and she was very rude. i would not suggest anyone to see her. she is not a nice person and she is a very cold doctor and i knew i had something torn and instead of her doing a mri she said for me to go to PT then come back. yea to give her more money so i did go to another doctor who did do a mri and it was torn. and now i am having surgery and not going to upmc.

August 11th, 2015

A pleasure to have such a skilled healthcare provider be so accessible.

June 14th, 2014

No Way

Overall awful experience. Got frustrated during surgery and closed me up without finishing. Still got paid for the whole thing. Her delay in surgery cost me everything. I had to have three subsequent surgeries. She was late to the hospital for my surgery, did a dictated h&p despite never having examined me and was overall very self-important. I feel she made promises that she couldnt keep. Cares more about her image than she does her patients health.

January 15th, 2014

I love DR Wright she found my problem right away

I have been to many doctors about my hip hurting for months and no one could figure out the problem, DR Wright and her team were able to find where the pain was coming from even though she could not fix due to I need a hip replacement she got me a appt with another great DR, the same day , I would refer anybody who has joint pain or other bone issues to her.

October 22nd, 2013

Son of a patient Dr. Wright operated on 2 years ago

My father was scheduled to have his good shoulder (he only has one hand and the good should is the one the hand is on) operated on by a surgeon near our home who was going to open up his shoulder to operate on his badly damaged rotator cuff. When I found out he only had one opinion I went along with my father to his pre-op visit and did not feel the local doctor was the best fit for my 80 year old father's condition and postponed his surgery until after we could get a 2nd opinion from Dr. Wright (she came highly recommended by a friend who had a very good opinion of the Dr. after his rotator cuff shoulder surgery went so well). The orthoscopic surgery went extremely well and my father was off the pain pills within 48 hours. He is now very active farming and had he followed Dr. Wrights advice on rehabilitation he would have 100% use of his shoulder today. Because he started lifting items with the repaired shoulder at 4 to 6 weeks he more than likely hindered the healing process since lifting heavy items above his head is not what it used to be. My mom and dad along with entire family can not say enough good things about Dr. Wright and how she helped him regain full use of his good shoulder again.

March 8th, 2013

Shoulder

Dr. Wright performed surgery on my shoulder in 2009 after I tore my labrum and rotator cuff while playing volleyball. I made the two hour drive to the city to get her opinion because she came so highly recommended. I was at the time 21 and playing DI college volleyball and this surgery, while very serious, allowed me to finish my career and play fairly pain free. Pre-surgery I wasn't even able to raise my arm above my head, and 9 months after aggressive rehab I was back in the game spiking just as hard as before the injury. I couldn't recommend her enough!

February 13th, 2013

concerned parent

We went to see her as a second opinion. She was very nice, took the time to explain the timeline of my son's xrays to us. I never once felt that she was rushed or did not want to be there. Her explanation was to the point and easy for me to understand. Even though she is unable to do the possible surgery that my son may need she is willing to assist us in finding someone who will. I would refer anyone to her.

September 30th, 2012

She should work on her manners, not very nice.

I waited an hour in a examination room while I heard her in the next room on the phone. When she finally came in she told be my elbow was unstable and she did not do that type of work. She was VERY rude, she asked me if this need fixed, or "do you just use this for recreational use". I asked her what she would do if it was her arm and she said "I'm a surgeon I need my arm". Like I don't, What a thing to say to a patient. Only good thing I can say is she refereed me to a doctor Dr Robert Kaufmann who did the surgery and did an excellent Job. Dr Vonda Wright you really need to work on your manners and learn to be a little nice.