Dr. Vonda Wright MD Patient Reviews

3.6
  • 24 reviews

December 11th, 2015
Extremely impressed
I've been treating with Dr. Wright for months and I've been blown away by her skill as a physician, her interactions with me as a patient which have always been attentive to my concerns and personable, and the efficiency of how her office operates. Any time I've called with questions or concerns about my condition my calls have been returned almost immediately which, in my experience is unheard of in the medical profession. I have the utmost trust and respect for her and her entire staff. I'm happy I made the decision to allow her to treat my shoulder which ultimately is going to require surgery.

October 26th, 2015
The best
Dr. Wright did surgery on my shoulder and I couldn't be happier with the results, both from the standpoint of the relief of my symptoms and her interactions with me as a patient. I have found her to be courteous, upbeat, motivating and generally concerned about me as a person, not just as another nameless , faceless patient. I've come across my share of arrogance with doctors both as a patient and in my career. I sensed none of that in Dr. Wright. Honestly, I'm perplexed by these reviews that portray Dr Wright as rude or uncaring. What she is is a doctor who cares about healthy living and she'll let you know about it in straight forward terms. For my money, that's what I want in a doctor. If I see a doctor, and I'm morbidly obese and that doctor tells me it's okay, I'd be looking for a new doctor. If you want a doctor to enable your unhealthy lifestyle, don't choose Dr. Wright. If you want to be treated by one of the top orthopedic surgeons in Pittsburgh, then she's an appropriate choice.

October 12th, 2015
Excellent orthopedic surgeon
Reading some of these reviews, I'm not sure some of these people treated with the same Dr. Wright that I did. I 'm treating with her for a torn rotator cuff and I've found her to be personable, informative and concerned about my condition. I'm hoping to avoid surgery but if I need it, she's the one I would trust to do it. As for these comments about a poor bedside manner, my experience was the exact opposite. If you want to be coddled, hire a baby sitter.

October 6th, 2015
she needs to learn some bedside manners. before she even knew why i was overweight she got on me worse then a mother and i am 56 so i am not a child and dont need to be treated like a child. when i told her what i had she wanted to know who told me that and i told my pcp and my test and then when i told her about something else and she was very rude. i would not suggest anyone to see her. she is not a nice person and she is a very cold doctor and i knew i had something torn and instead of her doing a mri she said for me to go to PT then come back. yea to give her more money so i did go to another doctor who did do a mri and it was torn. and now i am having surgery and not going to upmc.

August 11th, 2015
A pleasure to have such a skilled healthcare provider be so accessible.

June 14th, 2014
No Way
Overall awful experience. Got frustrated during surgery and closed me up without finishing. Still got paid for the whole thing. Her delay in surgery cost me everything. I had to have three subsequent surgeries. She was late to the hospital for my surgery, did a dictated h&p despite never having examined me and was overall very self-important. I feel she made promises that she couldnt keep. Cares more about her image than she does her patients health.

January 14th, 2014
I love DR Wright she found my problem right away
I have been to many doctors about my hip hurting for months and no one could figure out the problem, DR Wright and her team were able to find where the pain was coming from even though she could not fix due to I need a hip replacement she got me a appt with another great DR, the same day , I would refer anybody who has joint pain or other bone issues to her.

October 22nd, 2013
Son of a patient Dr. Wright operated on 2 years ago
My father was scheduled to have his good shoulder (he only has one hand and the good should is the one the hand is on) operated on by a surgeon near our home who was going to open up his shoulder to operate on his badly damaged rotator cuff. When I found out he only had one opinion I went along with my father to his pre-op visit and did not feel the local doctor was the best fit for my 80 year old father's condition and postponed his surgery until after we could get a 2nd opinion from Dr. Wright (she came highly recommended by a friend who had a very good opinion of the Dr. after his rotator cuff shoulder surgery went so well). The orthoscopic surgery went extremely well and my father was off the pain pills within 48 hours. He is now very active farming and had he followed Dr. Wrights advice on rehabilitation he would have 100% use of his shoulder today. Because he started lifting items with the repaired shoulder at 4 to 6 weeks he more than likely hindered the healing process since lifting heavy items above his head is not what it used to be. My mom and dad along with entire family can not say enough good things about Dr. Wright and how she helped him regain full use of his good shoulder again.

March 7th, 2013
Shoulder
Dr. Wright performed surgery on my shoulder in 2009 after I tore my labrum and rotator cuff while playing volleyball. I made the two hour drive to the city to get her opinion because she came so highly recommended. I was at the time 21 and playing DI college volleyball and this surgery, while very serious, allowed me to finish my career and play fairly pain free. Pre-surgery I wasn't even able to raise my arm above my head, and 9 months after aggressive rehab I was back in the game spiking just as hard as before the injury. I couldn't recommend her enough!

February 13th, 2013
concerned parent
We went to see her as a second opinion. She was very nice, took the time to explain the timeline of my son's xrays to us. I never once felt that she was rushed or did not want to be there. Her explanation was to the point and easy for me to understand. Even though she is unable to do the possible surgery that my son may need she is willing to assist us in finding someone who will. I would refer anyone to her.

September 30th, 2012
She should work on her manners, not very nice.
I waited an hour in a examination room while I heard her in the next room on the phone. When she finally came in she told be my elbow was unstable and she did not do that type of work. She was VERY rude, she asked me if this need fixed, or "do you just use this for recreational use". I asked her what she would do if it was her arm and she said "I'm a surgeon I need my arm". Like I don't, What a thing to say to a patient. Only good thing I can say is she refereed me to a doctor Dr Robert Kaufmann who did the surgery and did an excellent Job. Dr Vonda Wright you really need to work on your manners and learn to be a little nice.

September 20th, 2012
Best Doc I have ever seen
While over seas I tore my ACL, followed up at the VA and was refered to DR Wright. After being a little uneasy about it, I gave it a shot. To my surprise Dr Wright was by far the best ortho doctor i have ever had to see. She is very knowledgable, ambitious, and dedicated to her work. Some of the reviews on here are crazy. Dr Wright is a very blunt woman and straight to the point, if you dont like knowing what is needed to know and nothing else then dont waste her time. She reviewed my MRI told me my problem asked if I had any questions then made my appointment. DR Wright thank you very much the surgery was a great experience, rapid and very detailed.