Worth flying across the US show details Worth flying across the US
Jul 9th, 2016

Dr Cben is worth flying across the the US for. He did my surgery 22 years ago and again this year. I wouldn't go anywhere else. He will guarantee you a very natural look. If your afraid to look contrived and artificial than he is the person to see. He listens and has the best bed side manner. The surgery was painless and done under local. I didn't even need Tylenol after surgery. I was able to go out to the grocery store two days later. I'm in plastic surgery and flew to Dr Chen because I would never compromise on my face with someone with less experience and knowledge.

May 30th, 2016

I traveled from the East coast for the blepharoplasty. Dr. Chen and his staff made the whole experience a very smooth one. I have consulted various doctors, and felt very comfortable with Dr. Chen. Traveling for this procedure to be done by Dr. Chen was completely worth it!

May 24th, 2016

Dr. Chen is by far one of the most qualified ophthalmologist in the nation. I am a 21 year old Asian female who has had two previous unsuccessful eyelid surgeries. After my previous experience with eyelid surgeries, I wanted to find the best ophthalmologist who would be able to perform revisional eyelids surgeries, and I found Dr. Chen after extensive research. Unlike some other doctors who live in Beverly Hills who only have beautiful websites and TV shows, Dr. Chen is very humble and has had many publications on double eyelid surgeries and he also has a great reputation in his industry. Before my surgery, Dr. Chen addressed all my questions and concerns. Since I am an out of state patient, he offered me initial facetime consultation. During the surgery, Dr.Chen was very gentle and I did not experience any pain! My eyes did not even bleed after the surgery. Seven days after the surgery, Dr. Chen took out my stitches, and once again, I did not experience any pain. My eyes are looking better and better each day, and I recommend Dr. Chen to anyone who is serious about having a caring, modest, and most importantly skilled eyelid doctor.

An excellent surgeon show details An excellent surgeon
by Treasure Hunt on Jul 12th, 2015

Dr. Chen has a scholarly interest in Asian blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery). He spends time listening to the patients and provides counseling in an easy to understand manner. He replies patients' inquiries promptly. His surgical technique is precise, clean and well executed. You can be sure that you are in an expert's hands. Additionally, his office staff are very helpful.

Best cosmetic eyelids surgeon show details Best cosmetic eyelids surgeon
Jun 7th, 2015

I wanted to have my eyelids done for a long time, but were discouraged by some friends surgery. They look like perpetual surprise for a few years after the surgery. Finally, I saw the perfect surgery on an older man, his eyelids looked so natural only a week after. I went to Dr Chen a year later. I am very pleased with the result knowing it would be as good as the referral. Dr. Chen is the best cosmetic eyelids surgeon.

Asians shouldn't go to doctors/oculoplastic surgeons that have no idea how to do eyelids. show details Asians shouldn't go to doctors/oculoplastic surgeons that have no idea how to do eyelids.
by Amy 2014 on Feb 14th, 2015

Asian eye anatomy is different than Caucasian. Not all botched jobs can be fix. I did over 4 years of research before I picked Dr. Chen to do my eyes and I love it He is conservation. There are no noticeable scars . I am also recommending non asians to do to him too because he is careful and cautious. Dr. Chen is very talented. A warning to all of you is to avoid those doctors that have a big need to advertise all over the internet. Always follow your gutt instinct when you read reviews. I am glad I picked the right doctor and not the wrong doctor(s) that post their own fake reviews all over the internet praising themselves.

by Ingram on Jan 13th, 2015

My previous review still stands - except I mistakenly put 1 star -that was an error. I give him a 5 stars review for his expertise, his wonderful bedside manner and his many follow ups by phone since I'm from out of town. Can't say enough good things about my experience. Beautiful job on my eyes! Thank you, Dr. Chen!

CEO show details CEO
by Kai Liang on May 3rd, 2014

My eyelid surgery was done by Dr. Chen two years ago. Dr. Chen did an excellent job. He carefully and precisely measure and calculated the amount of lid to be trimmed (I am talking about 1 or 2 mm). After both eyes are done, even my family doctor was amazed how nicely the surgery was performed. Dr. Chen has been very friendly and patiently, even called me during thanksgiving holiday to be sure my eye condition recovered smoothly. I sure like to recommend him to anyone.

by Zhang on May 1st, 2014

I heard of Dr Chen accidentally from another oculoplastic surgeon in Manhattan NY. After some research I flied all the way from NY to long beach to see him for a consultation, followed by a surgery. I had a wonderful experience during the surgery and in Dr Chen's office. He is truly a master in this area who has magical hands and intellectual head. I will strongly recommend Dr Chen!

by Anne on Apr 29th, 2014

Dr. Chen is an amazing doctor. He is an expert at what he does and is very compassionate. The whole experience from my initial contact with them to the post surgery care was exceptional. I traveled from the midwest for my procedure and they worked with me in arranging convenient appointment and procedure times. I strongly recommend Dr. Chen.

Very Personable show details Very Personable
Jun 19th, 2012

I flew all the way from Atlanta to Dr. Chen's office in Long Beach and I'm glad I did. He seemed very professional and didn't make me feel rushed, even though he had other patients to see. I can't say I was impressed with the office and the surrounding building, but I feel that I can trust Dr. Chen with my eyelid revision and will most likely be returning to the LA area for the surgery next year.

Sep 15th, 2011

Dr. Chen is both courteous, competent. His work is beautiful, two weeks after surgery and you can't see the scar. I had a procedure to rebuild my tear duct so there was an incision down the side of my nose that you can't even see. I would highly recommend Dr. Chen for any eye surgery. No pain, no scar, no regrets.

eye lids messed up in 2004,and again in 2007 with a so-called "revision" by Glen Jelks in NYC Dr Chen is helping me get over this nightmare show details eye lids messed up in 2004,and again in 2007 with a so-called "revision" by Glen Jelks in NYC Dr Chen is helping me get over this nightmare
by Shirley Estep on May 13th, 2010

He is confident and really knows his stuff. He doesn't boast, although he has every reason to do so. I believe his prices are more than fair even though he could charge more. He is the kind of person you can count on. I have the highest respect for him. He will tell you the truth, regarding what needs to be done and tell you the truth if nothing is needed. So different from all the others.

he is not like other plastic doctors that will lie to you. show details he is not like other plastic doctors that will lie to you.
by Jennifer on May 24th, 2009

he is patient. let you talk. both of my eyes are messed up pretty bad from a previous surgery by dr. richard a wiess of newport beach. dr. chen did some work to make my left eye scar to appear less visible. its been 15 years since I saw dr. chen. Much older and will need to see if he can work on my eyes. dr weiss messed me up really bad. google my nightmare using keywords "dr. richard a weiss newport beach, ca" and you will find an article about my complaint. I wish I would have used dr. chen from the start an avoid having to wear a very blothed eyelids everyday of my life.

A Leader show details A Leader
by Would Recommend on Mar 17th, 2009

Dr. William Chen, is an expert in his field. He wrote the book on alot of eye and eyelid surgery. He is very careful, I can tell. He is honest, and has an excellent memory...he will remember you 15 years later (like he did me!). I trust him 100%

Excellent and respected in his field. show details Excellent and respected in his field.
by Asian eyes on Nov 17th, 2008

I found out by going to other opthalmologist that Dr. Chen is very well respected in his field by other opthalmologist. It is too bad I live in another state and dont visit him often. He is a very good plastic surgeon as well. He is very modest, and doesn't boast by advertising himself.