- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael G Benatar has 2 locations
Dr. Michael G Benatar has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Michael G Benatar has the following 11 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (1)
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Michael G Benatar Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. Michael G Benatar
Michael Benatar, MD, PhD, has joined the University of Miami as the new chief of the neuromuscular division. With specific interests in the fields of myasthenia gravis and ALS, he has established a specialized clinic for patients with myasthenia gravis and brings additional expertise to the University of Miamis multi-disciplinary ALS clinic. These clinics provide expert and dedicated care to patients with these complex neuromuscular disorders and offer patients access to cutting-edge treatments through participation in clinical trials. Dr. Benatar will also oversee the establishment of a University of Miami Electromyography (EMG) Laboratory that will improve access to high quality electro-diagnostic services. These activities complement the expertise of our other neuromuscular specialists and the strengths of our existing programs in neuropathy and muscular dystrophy. We are committed to a partnership with community neurologists to provide comprehensive care to patients afflicted with a broad range of neuromuscular disorders.