Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Abdulrahman M Albustamy has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Abdulrahman M Albustamy has the following 18 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Pituitary Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Weight Loss
- Addison Disease
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 3 of 17
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abdulrahman M Albustamy - Posted on November 11th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abdulrahman M Albustamy - Posted on February 2nd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Abdulrahman M Albustamy - Posted on May 20th, 2014
I was not able to make an appointment with Dr. Albustamy because of the unfriendly office staff. First off it take them about 8 rings to answer the phone, once you get someone on the phone i was told that I needed a primary physician referral. I called my insurance, they looked me up and informed me that I didn't need a primary physician referral based on my plan. Great! So I thought...I called the Albustamy's office back and of course Gloria told me "if you're insurance gave you the wrong information then you are responsible for the bill" and I said i understood. She then told me "we don't have appointments until end of July" really lady? No phone etiquette, no manners!! I felt like I was begging to make an appointment. Don't waste your time with this doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1983
St Barnabas Medical Center
Dr. Abdulrahman M Albustamy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDIABETES AND ENDOCRINOLOGY CLINIC PA, 5416 S Jackson Rd Ste A, Edinburg, TX
Dr. Abdulrahman M Albustamy is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Edinburg, TX.