Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Abraham Rivera has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Abraham Rivera has the following 8 expertise
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Back Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. Rivera is incredibly well-versed in all aspects of pain management. While this alone would make him a good doctor, what sets him apart from other physicians is his capacity to listen to patients, truly hear them, express empathy, and take action. He is exceptional because he is present and compassionate--rare qualities in a high volume specialty practice setting. I wholeheartedly recommend him.
1st appointment and they called a day ahead to change the appointment time. I agreed to the change because I wanted to see a Doctor and not a PA. Arrived as scheduled and no Doctor to be found. Had to see a PA anyway. Ordered 2 MRI's and scheduled a follow up for 2 weeks later. Insurance dragged their feet on the MRI's so I had to re schedule the follow up. Ran out of medication because of the later follow up date. Called 4 times to get medication refilled. No return call, no refill, no response. My insurance uses Quest diagnostics. I told 3 different people at the office on 3 different occasions that all specimens had to go to Quest Diagnostic Labs. they assured me that they understood and that any labs would be sent to Quest. They sent it to their in house lab instead of Quest. My insurance refused payment as they are out of network, and I got a $9880.00 bill. DO NOT USE THIS PRACTICE.
Dr.Rivera is one of the best doctors I've ever had . He is very caring and take time to listen to my questions . I have been with him for years . I have a baclofen pump and also pain that he is managing . I trust him . I have not been very happy with his staff . A lot of confusion and errors have been made on their part .
Dr. Rivera is pretty amazing.
Worst Dr. I have ever been to! Judged me within first 5 minutes of seeing me... didn't ask any questions about medications taken... and basically kicked me out of his office telling me he was not the right physician to treat me!!! I will not only not be going back there... but I had a ton of people waiting for me to refer them... wont be to him!!! What a jerk!!!
34 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Abraham Rivera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Medical Clinic, 6606 Stadium Dr Ste B, Zephyrhills, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Abraham Rivera in this video.
Dr. Abraham Rivera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Zephyrhills, FL.