More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Adam S Bloomfield has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I've entrusted my 3 children to Dr. Bloomfield's care for the past 10 years. My 12 year old only got to know him when she was about 2 yrs of age, but the other 2 were in his care from Day 1. He has always been very caring and courteous enough to follow-up with us to see how the kids are doing. What amazes me is how he remembers his patients. I was ordering food at a local deli and he came up to me to ask me how my son was doing - since he heard about us having to come in the other day for an unscheduled visit. How he can remember us, (not having treated us) and know I was the mom, is beyond me. He did it again, when I bumped into him at the local sushi joint. It's that kind of attention to detail that sets him and his colleagues at Chestnut Ridge Pediatrics, a cut above the crowd. Here's a juicy little tidbit - he's nice on the eyes as well - and I'm not alone in this opinion.
New York University
Dr. Adam S Bloomfield accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Adam S Bloomfield in this video.
Dr. Adam S Bloomfield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Rock, NJ.