Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan D Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Alan D Smith has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Alan D Smith has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Smith is in my opinion the best doctor in Palestine. He takes the time to listen to what you have to say and doesn't automatically assume that you're an idiot when you talk to him about what YOU think might be wrong. He is very attentive and does a great job of explaining complex things to you in a way you can understand. Every time I leave his office I feel like I've learned something new and he's always been right on target with his diagnosis. When he retires he will be sorely missed.
Dr Smith has been my Dr for 23 years. He has always been very helpful and informative about my needs and concerns regarding my health. He has always been open to intelligent questions as he is very intelligent. He has treated my children as they grew up and is now treating my grandchildren. He explains things to children on their level if they are willing to listen. He will look at them even though the parent is in the room and asked them if they have any questions. I have learned d alot from him over the years. He respects all his patients when they respect him. He does not like when someone is constantly questioning his ability because he will always refer to a specialist if he knows the problem is outside his scope of practice. He is always thorough. He is definitely like a family member to my family.
I am 64 years old and have been a patient of Dr. Smith's for many years. From day one Dr. Smith has ALWAYS listened to me when I go in for a problem or checkup. A good Patient/Doctor relationship is build on respect and trust. It should not be considered a Master (Patient) / Slave (Doctor) expectation just because the patient is paying for the visit. I have never seen Dr. Smith act in any way but a professional one. After his diagnosis WE discuss and decide what course of action is best for my health both near and long term. I have been very blessed to have the relationship that WE have developed over the years.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Alan D Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPalestine Family Care Clinic, 3201 S Loop 256 Ste 610, Palestine, TX
Dr. Alan D Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palestine, TX.