The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan S Messinger has the following 1 specialty
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Breast Implants (Breast Implantation)
- Hair Restoration
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Laser Resurfacing
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Skin Cancer
- Cosmetic Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I went to Dr. Alan Messinger for a consultation on a breast reduction and he proceed to tell me I was too over weight to have surgery. I weigh 190 pounds and was in incredible pain from my extremely large breast. I had wanted this surgery for years. I exhausted all other avenues of trying to relieve my pain before deciding that surgery was the best option. Alan was rude and inconsiderate. I left his office crying and he not once apologized to me. He acted as though he was doing me a favor by telling me I’m over weight and I should do something about it. He even went as far as to give me pamphlets on losing weight! So if you are not a Barbie doll wanting a boob job, be prepared to be belittled about your physical appearance. Ironic seeing how he’s a plastic surgeon who is supposed to help people feel better by helping them change their body. STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Messinger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Alan S Messinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPlastic Surgery Of Kalamazoo, 7901 S 12th St Ste 100, Portage, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan S Messinger in this video.
Dr. Alan S Messinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portage, MI.