Is Dr. Alan P Sandler the right Doctor for you?
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Alan P Sandler has the following 3 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Alan P Sandler has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
Dr. Alan P Sandler is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan P Sandler - Posted on May 6th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan P Sandler - Posted on January 27th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Alan P Sandler - Posted on September 7th, 2010
I first started seeing Dr.Sandler when I was 8 years old up until about 16 years old. I am now 25 and have yet to find such an amazing doctor. He is very well educated and is one of the very few doctors that truly cares about the patient's well-being. I have been to numerous doctor's since him and none of them can even compare. I am currently looking for a new psychiatrist and that is how I ended up on this website. I wish I could continue to see him, but with insurance restrictions these days... I unfortunately have to find someone else. Wish me Luck =) ....
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Temple University School Of Medicine
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Alan P Sandler Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Alan P Sandler's office for more information.
16055 Ventura Blvd Ste 1110 Encino, CA : (818) 793-2210
Locations & DirectionsALAN PAUL SANDLER MD, 16055 Ventura Blvd Ste 1110, Encino, CA
Dr. Alan P Sandler is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Encino, CA.