Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alan N Saltzman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Alan N Saltzman has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Alan N Saltzman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
i've been dealing with saltzman for a year and a half now, and he has to be the rudest, most abrupt dr. i have ever met. i;ve been having a hard time finding a compassionate family dr. in the u health system. i see several specialists there with no problem, but family dr.s, not so much. i finally settled on this dr. and have been regretting it ever since. today's visit will be my last one. i am a paraplegic with several serious health issues, and a very easy guy to remember because of my distinct appearance, and each visit he acts like he doesn't remember who i am. he acts like my seing him, which i am paying for, is wasting is time. he's a total creep. i am rating his staff ok, but he is a complete zero.
This doctor was extremely rude to me during the visit, not only was I made to wait for a long time before actually seeing him, when I presented my concerns to him he raised his voice at me. Unbelievable! I told him my lower back hurts, and my joints ache, and I have ringing in my ears, and he asks me what I want him to do about it. Is he even a real doctor! I got a low blood pressure reading when a nurse took my blood pressure so I asked him what a low blood pressure is and if it's a bad thing, and how I can make my blood pressure normal and he tells me that people with low blood pressure live the longest lives and I shouldn't ask questions. In all my years of living and visiting doctors I have never met such a rude, and unprofessional doctor. I've never had such an unprofessional experience in my entire life. Visiting Dr. Saltzman was a disgusting experience that left a bad taste in my mouth, I would never recommend him to anyone and I'm switching to another doctor immediately.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Saltzman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kennedy Memorial Hospital
Dr. Alan N Saltzman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsKendall Medical Center, 8932 SW 97th Ave, Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alan N Saltzman in this video.
Dr. Alan N Saltzman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.