Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger has the following 24 expertise
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Kidney Disease
- Laser Lithotripsy
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Penile Induration (Peyronie's Disease)
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Elevated Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Neurogenic Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Bladder Disorders
- Genital Warts
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
- Male Circumcision
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Penile Prostheses
- Night Urination (Nocturia)
- Kidney Cancer
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
15 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Maimonides Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNew York Urology Specialists, 33 W 46th St, New York, NY
Dr. Alex Shteynshlyuger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.