Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alexander G Parr has the following 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 21
I have a rare condition so finding a doctor that not only knows what it is but can actually do the surgery has been a challenge. Dr. Parr was empathetic to my condition but also confident on what needed to be done & really wanted to do the surgery. the office and staff are great. Marie in scheduling is very kind & patient I would recommend this office to anyone who need a GOOD if not GREAT surgeon. Dr Parr is not like other DR. he speaks to you or with you but NEVER down to you. I had several questions prepared to ask at my appointment , but by the time he explained everything HE ANSWERED OR COVERED EVERYTHING.. I know I have the PERFECT SURGEON/DOCTOR/PERSON for my surgery.
In 2014, I had a umbilical hernia. Was refereed by my doctor to Dr.A.Parr. He examined me, explained to me the type of hernia I had, explained to me the surgery process and the after surgery recovery process. His staff was quick in scheduling the procedure. From procedure to end of recovery: 1 month. Thanks Dr.Parr.
This guy literally saved my life. After several misdiagnoses from other doctors (those that got it semi-right gave me a 40% chance of actually living through an operation), saw Dr Parr on a referral. I spent 59 days in the hospital after having an intestine resection and repair on 3 fistulas. Dr Parr continually encouraged me and comforted me by saying "This is not forever. " Today I had my final post op follow up. An area that was 8 inches long, 6 inches high and 1.5 inches deep is now the size of a quarter. I am looking forward to my first shower since November!! True miracle worker!
Dr. Parr was a breath of fresh air. Pleasant, concerned, personal and personable, and very skilled. We were scheduled with a colleague but were seen by Dr. Parr instead. Lucky break. I am sure all of the doctors in this practice are great, but we were very comfortable with Dr. Parr and received the utmost professional care. I would recommend him, and do, to everyone I know.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Parr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Ponce School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Alexander G Parr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRon Arison Md Pllc, 2438 E Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Alexander G Parr in this video.
Dr. Alexander G Parr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Lauderdale, FL.