Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Alisa A Furman has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Furman is wonderful! She was very supportive of my non medicated birth and is so upbeat but calm and pleasant in the delivery room (even at 1 in the morning). I always felt so comfortable with her and was so sad to move away, I even tried to convince her to move with us. Her staff is wonderful too and they always remembered my name at the front desk without asking.
Dr. Furman has delivered 3 of my 4 children beginning in 2000. I cannot express how much I love her and her nurse Melanie Lockwood. Most of her staff is friendly but there are a few who I just try to avoid, if I can. Also, if you're not pregnant, you need to call about 3 months in advance to schedule an appointment. And be ready to wait a long time when you get one. I've waited for over an hour probably 75% of my appointments, even during pregnancy. I think this is mainly because delivery is her first priority. I have seen her run across the lawn, more than once, from the clinic to the hospital to deliver a baby. But she will stay late to be sure that everyone is seen.
Dr. Furman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Scott & White Memorial Hospital
Dr. Alisa A Furman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlisa A Furman Md, 1001 Arbor Park, Belton, TX
Dr. Alisa A Furman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Belton, TX.