Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Althea L Alexis has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 53
I liked Dr. Alexis' bedside manner and attentive care from the time I started seeing her while ~8 weeks pregnant with our first baby. But after two crazy pregnancies and postpartums, I can honestly say she was a God-send. Because of her diligence, I have two healthy children, in spite of back-to-back placenta accreta/increta. She listened and made special concessions which probably saved my life when I almost bled out during a postpartum D&C. She did and said the hard things that allowed us to make wise decisions. She cried with me. She called me from her personal cell phone, and even from her vacation, to check on me. No doctor is perfect, and no doctor is infallible, but Dr. Alexis is someone I would ~ and did ~ trust with my life, and those of my little ones.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2008, 2015, 2013, 2010, 2009, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2013, 2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2016, 2015, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
28 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Althea L Alexis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFort Worth Womans Clinic, 6100 Harris Pkwy Ste 200, Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Althea L Alexis is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.