Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Amelia Alday
Dr. Amelia Alday, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ocala, FL. She has 49 years of experience. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine, Psychiatry and Child Psychiatry. Dr. Alday is affiliated with West Marion Community Hospital and Charter Springs Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Amelia Alday has the following 3 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child Psychiatry
A pediatric/adolescent psychiatrist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating mental and emotional conditions in young children and adolescents.
These specialists study psychopathological disorders and their causes in order to prevent and identify them in their patients. These disorders may be caused by biological, psychosocial, genetic, demographic, or environmental factors, a patient's history, or any combination of these factors.
Pediatric/adolescent psychiatrists treat patients through a variety of interventions including medical treatment, behavior therapy, cognitive-behavior therapy, problem solving techniques, family therapy, parent training, psychodynamic therapy, and consultation with the patient's primary care physician or school professionals.
Dr. Amelia Alday has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Amelia Alday has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
We saw Dr. Alday for family therapy a few years ago. She was remote and totally unsupportive. When our 9 year old son did not respond to the drug regimen she chose, she suggested we place him in a residential facility or group home, as he was a budding sociopath. We were horrified and found another doctor-who, after actually spending time with us, correctly diagnosed our son's bipolar disorder. He is now 16, a leader in JROTC and an honor student with a 4.3 GPA who gets along with everyone. His teachers say he is a joy to have in class. He is far from what Dr. Alday claimed he was.I thank God every day that we ran from Dr Alday and her 'treatment'.
Dr. Alday is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
West Marion Community Hospital
Charter Springs Hospital
49 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1964
Hawthorn Center Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1112 NE 36th Ave, Ocala, FL
Dr. Amelia Alday is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ocala, FL.