Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Amy E Evans has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Amy E Evans has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Amy E Evans has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Amy E Evans is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 12
I sought a pediatrician to take care of my newborn daughterâs wellness and preventive care. I expected professionalism and utmost due care from Dr. Evans; however, I was shocked by the inattentiveness of the doctor and the callousness of her staff. I was initially put off by the girls at the front desk who are incredibly rudeâthey never greet you and act as if you are an inconvenience. I was further horrified by the care of the nurses who were so rough while administering immunization shots to my newborn daughter that she was left with bruise spots for weeks. My last straw with this office occurred during my last visit. My daughter contracted the flu on a Friday. I scheduled an appointment for the following Monday after it became evident that my daughter's condition was not improving, although she no longer suffered from a high fever. Nonetheless, her cough persisted and she appeared to be in pain. During my visit with Dr. Evans, I tried to calmly and rationally explain to her that my daughter had been feverish, still suffered from pain, would sporadically shiver, and was fussy due to pain. Moreover, I expressed my concern that her chronic cough could potentially develop into bronchitis. After voicing my concerns and observations, the doctor quickly examined her ears and lung, thereafter immediately diagnosing her with the common cold. I tried reinstating my observations and concerns that it appeared to be more serious than a common cold, but any attempts were quashed with the doctor insisting that it was nothing more. Furthermore, I missed work that Monday to care for my daughter. Company policy states that we must submit an FMLA form for missing work due to family related issues (e.g., sickness). I requested the doctor to complete an FMLA form, per company policy. She appeared both hesitant and uncomfortable, while insisting that I would need no such form for the common cold. I tried explaining to her clearly that it was company policy to be eligible for sick pay and to safeguard job security. She just cut me off and stated, âWhatever! Just fax it to me.â She then proceeded to storm out of the room. The doctor only approved my leave for the remainder of the day and I was told that it would be acceptable to return the following day--Tuesday. I was concerned because my daughter still had the chills and a chronic cough. Nonetheless, I followed the doctor's orders since I did not have any other alternatives. I brought my daughter to her sitter and was later reprimanded for bringing a sick child to daycare--I was notified that the sitter had also contracted the flu after caring for my daughter, despite the doctor assuring me that she simply had a "common cold." Dr. Evans obviously does not listen to patients, nor does she or her staff have compassion for children. I have since then changed my daughter's pediatrician and am by far happier with the attention and service I am receiving since my departure.
Dr. Evans is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Amy E Evans accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPeachwood Medical Group, 275 W Herndon Ave, Clovis, CA
Dr. Amy E Evans is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clovis, CA.