Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrea J Capalbo has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Andrea J Capalbo has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Breast Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Andrea J Capalbo has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Andrea J Capalbo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Capalbo is compassionate and, I think, thorough. Her office runs extremely late. Also, and perhaps more importantly, she did not call with test results but instead sent them via USPS mail, and did not call to follow up. IMO, the personal touch is a nice-to-have -- the quality of her professional work is more important than how nicely she delivers the results -- but it would have been nice to hear results from the doctor herself, or even a nurse -- and not a printed letter.
I was supposed to be the very first patient one day at 9:45, but was told without apology that the doctor would be 45 minutes late. I take it in stride and wait. I get vital-checked in 45 minutes and am told to change as I will be the very first person the doctor sees. I wait there half-naked for another half-hour until 11 AM and I finally poke my head out and ask if the doctor is in at all and rightfully complain that I've been sitting there half naked for a half hour after waiting 45 minutes. She comes in, after a total wait time of an hour and twenty minutes, like nothing's wrong. She's always very nice but after over-an-hour wait, she should've been apologizing profusely. What took her that long to actually perform on me, I have no idea. I just know that it's unprofessional to have taken her sweet time like that. There went my whole morning. Also, I was told I would get a follow-up call with results within two weeks. After three weeks, I called for results myself and don't get actual results until two days later. I don't have such patience, especially considering the tardiness, outdated instruments, nonchalant staff and doctor. I will be going to another OBGYN for my upcoming paps.
Dr. Capalbo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1981
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Andrea J Capalbo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsStewart Medical Associates, 124 E 40th St Rm 502, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrea J Capalbo in this video.
Dr. Andrea J Capalbo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.