Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anisa A Mirza MD
Dr. Anisa A Mirza has 2 locations
Dr. Anisa A Mirza has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Anisa A Mirza has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Diabetes Complications
Showing 5 of 8
Not a good fit
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anisa A Mirza - Posted on April 16th, 2019
If you are looking for someone who is interested in you it is not Dr. Mirza. Never once asked you anything but rattled off a lot of questions. Looked totally unprofessional and not caring at all. I have an issue getting up down and that was the worse exam table ever. She just left me there to get down myself and no one came in to help. In addition some of the info she gave me on the patient summary was totally inaccurate. Not impressed and not coming back.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anisa A Mirza - Posted on October 28th, 2015
Dr Mirza prides herself on promptness however I never feel rushed. She directed me to the proper Specialist to confirm her suspected diagnosis and I was receieved proper treatment for the condition. Office staff is always professional and courteous. They pride themselves in ensuring you receieve test results in timely manner.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anisa A Mirza - Posted on March 24th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anisa A Mirza - Posted on November 27th, 2012
Dr Mirza, not very caring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Anisa A Mirza - Posted on April 27th, 2012
If you have a morning or early afternoon appointment, she's just ok, but if you go later than that she is noticeably tired and cranky and treats you like so. I waited for over an hour in the exam room, and fell asleep. She then came in, in a rushed manner and diagnosed me by just talking to me, and wrote a Rx "accordingly." Ha! Three days later it turned out to be a problem MUCH more serious in which i needed a surgery! Clearly, Drs like her, who see too many patients per day (150+), end up treating their patients like "the next number," instead of a person who really needs care. Her staff though, is pretty good.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1988
University Of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus
Dr. Anisa A Mirza Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Anisa A Mirza is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cockeysville, MD.