Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Anthony C Abrantes has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Anthony C Abrantes has the following 19 expertise
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Pelvic Exam
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Artificial Insemination
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
Dr. Anthony C Abrantes has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Anthony C Abrantes is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Dr. Abrantes delivered my second child by C-section and made me feel uncomfortable from the start making inappropriate comments in the very first visit. I chalked it up to small town mentality but the further I got into the pregnancy the more unprofessional it became. He insulted me when I expressed discomfort when he dove in for the 36 week internal exam, and many visits were spent listening to him talk about his problems with family or medical insurance companies - anything but my pregnancy. When they were required to ask if I wanted any prenatal testing, the nurse came in with the form already checked no and told me that the only people who ever did that were teenagers who would have an abortion anyway if there were a problem so just sign here. During the C-section, Dr. Abrantes chatted with the staff in the OR about unrelated things during the surgery and made fart jokes, and when I had a hemorrhage shortly after going home and had to have a transfusion, the cause was listed as "unknown" and he just shrugged it off as something that happens and did not acknowledge my concern over the whole issue, and even asked me what I had done to him to end up back in the maternity ward. I was new to choosing doctors in this city so I chose the first one in the insurance list. But his reputation is not a secret, as several other women knew exactly who I was talking about when I mentioned the words unprofessional and inappropriate. Moreover, the office is stuck in the eighties, ultrasound was recorded on VHS tape, records are all hand written, including billing records, I did not even have an account number, and they had trouble accepting my checks, even though it was from a major bank with a branch in town.
The office staff seemed nice and the wait wasn't long. However, I was asked too many personal questions that had nothing to do with the condition I was needing help with. I also felt the Dr did not listen as I asked about the type of treatment and then he proceeded to perform treatment with no painkillers. After speaking to other Dr offices I am finding this is not a normal type of situation. I will not be going back and only wish I had read all of the other reviews before wasting my time.
I began seeing Dr. Abrantes due to a referral from a friend. In fact, he delivered my last child. I have no compaints on his clinical knowledge and skills, but found myself dreading going into his office due to his demeanor. He told dirty jokes, and inappropriate remarks and I couldn't take it anymore. I am changing doctors only for this reason. It's sad to have to change, but I had no choice.
38 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Anthony C Abrantes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAnthony Clark Abrantes Md, 3401 N Calais Dr Ste A, Sherman, TX
Dr. Anthony C Abrantes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sherman, TX.