Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Atilla Ertan has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Colon Cancer
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Abdominal Pain
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
I have been his patient from last two years. But still I am not that comfortable with his treatment. I think he is a very good doctor but there are some fundamental issues with his office. Before he comes to see you his students will come and talk to you and they will note down your issue and explain it to him and he will some time not listen to you in case you want to add something. Once he has given a diagnosis and in case you have something else that could change is diagnosis then he will find it very difficult to change his first diagnosis. On one office visit he will say something and on the next office visit he will all together forget what he told on the last visit. And if you will remind him he will feel offended infront of his students. Any procedure is also not performed by him but his students he will just stay in the room to keep an eye on them. The reason for choosing such an expert Dr is that a patient needs his treatment and not his student been messing up things. The most problematic thing about him is he spends too little time to listen to the patient and just try to give treat in as little time as possible. It is not at all possible to reach him in case if you want to get his advice after procedure and you feel that these is some complication. He has ego.
My doctor in Louisiana could not control my Crohn's disease. I had 20-30 bloody stools per day, had dramatic weight loss and could not eat. Out of desperation I drove to Houston to see Dr. Ertan. Dr. Ertan saved my life! He got me on the right medication which got my Crohn's under control. My last colonoscopy showed that I no longer had any active Crohn's disease, full remission! He's the best in the business.
This is the best GI MD have ever had. He was able to figure out my GI problems & got referral ASAP to top notch surgeon. He is so knowledgeable, and though has little bit accent, but don't be intimidated to ask him questions- because he is fully invested (in his patients) and will explain or repeat if needed. This is especially important if surgery is needed or issues are complicated. I sent all my family (who need GI care) to him. He is simply the best.
55 Years Experience
Graduated in 1963
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Atilla Ertan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas International Endoscopy Center, 6620 Main St Ste 1500, Houston, TX
Dr. Atilla Ertan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.