Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Caren Bennett
Dr. Caren Bennett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hollywood, FL. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bennett is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Pembroke, Larkin Community Hospital Behavioral Services and Memorial Hospital West. She speaks English.
Dr. Caren Bennett has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Showing 5 of 42
I don't know what kind of doctor bases her diagnosis without any exams, blood work, scans, etc. She was very rude the first time she met me. I explained my extensive history with stomach issues and she didn't seem interested in taking care of me. In other words, it was like she was claiming that I was making it all up and chalked to all to just underlying stress or anxiety. Not her job to do that! She's a gastroenterologist and all I wanted was to be seen by a better gastro vs those I've seen in the past. I guess it's back to the drawing board searching for a better gastro. This appt was a total waste of time!!
Dr. Bennett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hospital Pembroke
Larkin Community Hospital Behavioral Services
Memorial Hospital West
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center
Memorial Regional Hospital South
Memorial Hospital Pembroke
22 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Miami Health System
Dr. Caren Bennett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsCaren Jill Bennett MD, 3157 N University Dr, Hollywood, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Caren Bennett in this video.
Dr. Caren Bennett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hollywood, FL.