Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carl T Hasselman has the following 2 specialties
- Foot & Ankle Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Carl T Hasselman has the following 4 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Leg Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Carl T Hasselman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carl T Hasselman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 96
He did an ankle biopsy diagnosing rheumatoid arthritis. Saw his associates for removal of bandages. Didn't get to see Dr. Hasselman. They referred me to rheumatologist who asked why I was seeing him because I didn't have rheumatoid arthritis. I said Hasselman's office referred me and I had referral paper to prove it. When I initially checked my UPMC personal site, diagnosis was rheumatoid arthritis. I checked it after rheumatologist appointment, and it was changed.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
24 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Carl T Hasselman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThree Rivers Orthopedic Associates, 200 Delafield Rd Ste 1040, Pittsburgh, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carl T Hasselman in this video.
Dr. Carl T Hasselman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.