Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carlton B Barnswell Jr has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Kidney Stones
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Barnswell has the bedside manners that the average person expects and as a doctor he chooses the right words so that the average patient understands his diagnosis for the patient he gives you his time and patients every time during your office visit. I feel confident knowing he is my doctor. I am in good hands
Dr. Barnswell is well-trained, but he is strictly by-the-book. He does not appear to believe in alternative treatments. If it is not a treatment prescribed by the American Urological Association, he will not consider it and will actually discourage it. He is not very good at explaining things. He has a lot of staff, but they don't explain things either. Good doctor, but things need to be brought up to a higher level.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Carlton B Barnswell Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMetropolitan Urologic Services, 438 Elmont Rd, Elmont, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carlton B Barnswell Jr in this video.
Dr. Carlton B Barnswell Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elmont, NY.